Gplaycd and ripperX problems

Using applications, configuring, problems
littlewelshboy

Gplaycd and ripperX problems

#1 Post by littlewelshboy »

Just wondering if someone can help with ripperX and Gplaycd applications as the cd player just sits there dumb (audio is working on my system) and the ripper gives me error 14.

I have a Live CD Puppy install and both these apps seem to want mnt/cdrom as the mount point rather than mnt/cdrom2 that is configured on my system.

I have tried messing with etc/fstab to get it to mount dev/scd0 but I obviously don't quite know what I'm doing. Or maybe I should be going the other way round and finding some config files for ripperX and Gplaycd and ask them to look at cdrom2... Help please!

Other than this I am totally amazed with this Puppy, it runs like a dream on this Compaq Armada E500 Laptop and it detected my network card that Win 2K wasn't able to without some help.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Ah, you need to tell us whether you are using 1.0.2RC or earlier.
1.0.2RC is a whole new ball game, as it uses the 2.6 kernel.

littlewelshboy

#3 Post by littlewelshboy »

I'm using 1.0.0a Multisession. I'd be happy to download a new version if this'll solve the problem or even wait a while for the new, new version to come out. I appreciate you must be very busy with this.

littlewelshboy

#4 Post by littlewelshboy »

I've downloaded version 1.0.2 and it works correctly for playing CD's & the ripper appears not to throw up the same errors. Cheers.