opttools.sfs GNU C Compiler released

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#21 Post by Flash »

Perhaps it's the cryptic names and terse statements. No one knows what anyone else is talking about! :lol:

BarryK
Puppy Master

#22 Post by BarryK »

Peter,
As far as I know, Vector 5.0STD is modelling itself closely on Slackware 10.1, so probably either of these would be okay.
That other one... Minislack, is based on Slackware 10.1 too.

Bladehunter,
I think you didn't get the expected response because most of us are lazy. I know for myself, I was thinking, both for your wifi and development projects, "let others do testing and get the bugs out, then I'll try it" -- problem is, if everybody has that attitude, then nothing gets done and you get mighty cheesed off, which is understandable!

JaDy

#23 Post by JaDy »

And, some of us are very slow. What takes you days takes me months. No sooner do I get a new Puppy installed and a new version appears. :shock: I'm interested in the compiler environment and want to experiment with it. Be patient with us old-timers. :roll:
Felicitations & Facilitations, Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.

flamesage

#24 Post by flamesage »

# ./opttools.sh
mount cd that (hopefully) contains opttools.sfs :)
User Puppy drive mounter for that. Press any key when done.

mount: /mnt/cdrom/opttools.sfs: No such file or directory
mount: Could not setup loop device
ln: /usr/bin/perl: File exists
gcc: No such file or directory
./opttools.sh: ./hello: No such file or directory
You shoud see a Hello World messages above this line, if all ok..

What? It comes with the CD? *whimpers* I wana compile things so bad..

#25 Post by Guest »

read all the thread there is a link to download the file :D

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#26 Post by Lobster »

I went through this whole thread again.
The development of a C environment is important to Puppy. My interest was really stimulated by tinycc (which compiles and interprets). There should be a wiki page . . .

I installed vector with the express version of compiling and have tried compiling with Ubuntu. There is quite a lot for newbs and even those with a little experience to contend with . . .

I have been offering Bladehunter career advice [. . . ahem . . .] which he was unable to adopt due to its dangerous nature (. . . which involved involuntary surgery). Most of you - in fact all of you will not know what I am talking about. Bladhunter will (maybe)
That really is the situation for most of us trying to get to grips with C - we barely know what is being suggested.

This is my C efforts
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/TinyCc

(the comments may be relevant aswell)

as soon as we have a viable Chubby C Puplet I feel we can use Puppy as a learning environment. Till then we have to rely on Smart Pups and/or expanded tutorials . . .

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D