Apprendre le langage Toutou ! ;-)

musher0

Apprendre le langage Toutou ! ;-)

#1 Post by musher0 »

Pour apprendre le langage Toutou :P

http://talkingpets.ca/fr/speakdog.aspx :)

Wouf!

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

russoodle

#2 Post by russoodle »

Merci, musher0 .... Il semble que je parlais levrette langue correctement :lol:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

russoodle wrote:Merci, musher0 .... Il semble que je parlais levrette langue correctement :lol:
Ah, Google translations! So you speak greyhound, eh? :D
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

ASRI éducation

#4 Post by ASRI éducation »

musher0 wrote:
russoodle wrote:Merci, musher0 .... Il semble que je parlais levrette langue correctement :lol:
Ah, Google translations! So you speak greyhound, eh? :D
Hi, hi.
Je ne suis pas capable de traduire 'levrette' dans la langue de russoodle, pourtant cela mériterait qu'on lui explique ce qui nous fait rire.
Comme russoodle, j'utilise souvent Google pour traduire. En anglais ça va, mais en allemand je suis capable de produire des phrases incompréhensibles.
La tour de Babel n'est pas qu'un mythe.
Cordialement,

musher0

#5 Post by musher0 »

@ASRI: En effet, c'est pas un mythe. D'ailleurs, au XXIe siècle, ne doit-on pas parler plutôt de "tour de Google" ! :) Car ses traductions empirent les choses !

Et mon sympathique petit mime de border collie attend toujours les questions des Puppy-istes au site mentionné dans le premier message. J'ai cru que ça "prendrait", comme blague bien innocente, et que les Puppy-istes aimeraient apprendre le langage canin. On dirait que non !

Quant aux sites de traduction automatique en ligne, celui qui produit les traductions les moins farfelues et les moins cocasses est à mon sens reverso ( http://www.reverso.net/text_translation.aspx?lang=FR ) (au moment d'écrire ces lignes).

@russoodle:
I don't know what your original words were, but Google made them into some slightly salacious (and comical) non-sense.

At the time of this writing, reverso ( http://www.reverso.net/text_translation.aspx?lang=EN ) provides IMO the best automatic translation site for European languages. Its results are the less off, the less comical.

The whole idea of this post was to invite Puppyists to ask questions to a border collie who's a very good mime and learn dog language that way. (See URL in first post.) I thought it would catch on, but I guess not!

BFN / ALP

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

russoodle

Aaarrrggghhhhh...

#6 Post by russoodle »

@musher0 et @ASRI: Mes excuses sincères - je n'ai pas eu l'intention d'offenser quelqu'un ou faire un commentaire grivois.... Google m'a raillé, à coup sûr! :(

Ce que j'ai dit, en anglais, était que j'ai semblé avoir correctement interprété les voeux de mimed du chien - je me suis rapporté il à la nourriture et le résultat a produit un bol(une boule) donc le chien pourrait manger!

Merci du lien de reverso - ceci a été traduit là..
What i said, in English, was that i seemed to have correctly interpreted the dog's mimed wishes - i related it to food and the result produced a bowl so the dog could eat! Nothing to do with 'greyhound bitches' or 'doggy style'... :shock: :oops:

Frustrating sometimes, to be only mono-lingual..
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

musher0

#7 Post by musher0 »

Hi, russoodle!

Could Google be a perv? :lol:

Glad you found reverso of use. This time, the result is quite understandable
at this end.

About languages: as for me, I am fluent in French and English, but given
the array of talents on this board, I sometimes wish I knew Spanish and
German as well. I envy our European colleagues who have learned their
own plus 2 foreign languages in school.

Have a great day!

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

russoodle

#8 Post by russoodle »

Hey musher0,
LOL!! Probably, i wouldn't put anything past them..
I doubt they're directly responsible for the questionable interpretation though, as i've noticed they solicit users' input and confirmation of the 'best' translations, so i was most likely on the receiving end of some smarty-pants' sense of mischief :roll:
Glad you found reverso of use. This time, the result is quite understandable at this end.
Thank dog for that! :D

Lucky you, to be fluently bilingual....i, too, envy those who can lay their tongues creditably to several languages. I did begin to learn French and German at school, until dad took me interstate and enrolled me in a school that didn't have language-learning options in its curriculum :evil: I had really enjoyed them too, usually topping the class in Deutsch and doing well in French as well....several years after leaving school, i met some very nice Chilean people and began to get the hang of their Spanish too....i guess languages were my forte, at the time i found them easy to learn. Nowadays, when i try to remember something, i confuse Spanish or German for French and vice versa - it seems my memory went out to lunch without telling me....and who knows if the bugger's coming back?? :(

Ah well....c'est la vie.. ;-)

Cheers!

musher0

#9 Post by musher0 »

russoodle wrote:Hey musher0,
LOL!! Probably, i wouldn't put anything past them..
I doubt they're directly responsible for the questionable interpretation though, as i've noticed they solicit users' input and confirmation of the 'best' translations, so i was most likely on the receiving end of some smarty-pants' sense of mischief :roll:
Glad you found reverso of use. This time, the result is quite understandable at this end.
Thank dog for that! :D

Lucky you, to be fluently bilingual....i, too, envy those who can lay their tongues creditably to several languages. I did begin to learn French and German at school, until dad took me interstate and enrolled me in a school that didn't have language-learning options in its curriculum :evil: I had really enjoyed them too, usually topping the class in Deutsch and doing well in French as well....several years after leaving school, i met some very nice Chilean people and began to get the hang of their Spanish too....i guess languages were my forte, at the time i found them easy to learn. Nowadays, when i try to remember something, i confuse Spanish or German for French and vice versa - it seems my memory went out to lunch without telling me....and who knows if the bugger's coming back?? :(

Ah well....c'est la vie.. ;-)

Cheers!
Hi!

Maybe you could reactivate your memory by reading headlines and simple articles of a popular newpaper in the language of your choice? Especially if it's some news that you already read about in an English-language newpaper, you'd have the context already, and it would be easier to understand.

Maybe brush up on your Spanish trying to read a bilingual edition of Pablo Neruda?

In any case, it's like riding a bike, we never really forget, we only need to keep the knowledge active by using it.

I have somewhat of the reverse problem. I've been a EN-FR translator for 30 years, and when I'm tired, I sometimes don't know in which language to speak or think... The signals from my language "cards", as I call them (like a sound card or a video card), get mixed up...

As you say... "that's life!"

Have a great day!

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~