Music player for radio broadcasting

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
rmcellig

Music player for radio broadcasting

#1 Post by rmcellig »

I might finally have some great news regarding the radio station I work at. At the moment we are using XP Pro. There is a chance that we might go linux. I use iTunes at the station computer because it can play songs one at a time.

What music player would you recommend I use that can play one track at a time. My playlist usually consists of between 5000 to 40,000 songs that I bring to the station on a usb stick.

My favorite player at the moment (not sure if there is a puppy version), is gmusicbrowser. I'm open to all kinds of possibilities. I tried Clementine, Deadbeef, Audacious plus a ton more but can't seem to figure out how to play one track at a time.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Please clarify.

Are you talking about a media player that reads an Internet radio stream, plays one song and stops?

Or are you accessing your local music database on the flash drive, selecting one song and playing it?

rmcellig

#3 Post by rmcellig »

i'm accessing songs that reside on my usb stick

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

PeasyMP3 can do this. Just set it as your default audio player. Select a file in your file manager and left-click on it.
Last edited by rcrsn51 on Wed 17 Jul 2013, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#5 Post by zigbert »

rmcellig
I don't know if I got you right, but if you mean the ability to choose one track in playlist, and then stop playing afterwards, this can be set in the playmode menu in pMusic.

On the other hand, if you require to have all your 40000 tracks loaded into the playlist (and not use the db structure), you'll probably want another player (like winamp).

Sigmund

Geoffrey

Re: Music player for radio broadcasting

#6 Post by Geoffrey »

rmcellig wrote: My favorite player at the moment (not sure if there is a puppy version), is gmusicbrowser.
I packaged gmusicbrowser-1.1.10 for Carolina, this gives the choice of either using gstreamer, mpeg123 or mplayer, looks nice and lot's of features.
Attachments
gmusicbrowser.jpg
(89.84 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

Pelo

rapidradio launch Gxine

#7 Post by Pelo »

In the famous french Toutou 4.3.6 rapidradio launch Gxine, i would like to change that for an audio player here above mentionned, where do i have to change something, please .