Save to Flashdrive after saving to HD?

Booting, installing, newbie
theinfamousj

Save to Flashdrive after saving to HD?

#1 Post by theinfamousj »

So now that I've introduced my students to Puppy, a lot of them who have to share computers with siblings have been asking for copies and what have you. I've let them go nuts with burning copies of Puppy (2.02). However, they are used to some of the configurations that I have set in place on the computers they use, which are already saved to the hard drive.

Neither they nor I can find any GUI way to save their configuration file to a flash drive on shutdown (so when they get home, they can puppy pfix= as appropriate).

Sadly, the computers have a big problem creating a multisession CD or else I would have just gone that way.

Is there a way to save to flash drive, or even CD for that matter, after already saving to the hard drive the first time?

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

Are you using live CDs at school and saving the settings to a hard drive or are you installing Puppy to a hard drive.

If you are saving the settings just transfer that file to a flash drive and install in on the home computer, when you boot Puppy it should find the file.

If I have got this wrong someone will soon tell you the correct way to do it.

theinfamousj

#3 Post by theinfamousj »

LiveCDs.

Doh. Of course. The obvious answer, right? I wasn't sure if you could just copy over the file, since it is probably going to be a different computer with different sound/graphics/etc cards and a different motherboard.