Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 23 Nov 2014, 07:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
toowoombalinux

PostPosted: Wed 14 Aug 2013, 07:15    Post subject:  OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)
Subject description: Better MSOffice support

G'day,
I cobbled this package together and it works well in a fresh Puppy Lucid install. I kinda expect it to work well in other Puppies as long as glibc has been updated for the older Pooch.... I'll get around to testing it in 3.01 soonish....

I haven't tested the Java support yet but I expect it'll only work with the 1.6 versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jejcy1dlpzyjp9d/apache-openoffice-4.0_528.sfs

MD5 = 2ca84500bf59fa56fe63b76b5df309dc

Have fun and enjoy!

Cheers
Martin

PS. This is GB English version so peeps from Blighty will be happy ... especially after our stupid cricket team got smashed during the Ashes tour.
darry1966

PostPosted: Thu 05 Sep 2013, 06:51    Post subject: Re: OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)
Subject description: Better MSOffice support

toowoombalinux wrote:
G'day,
I cobbled this package together and it works well in a fresh Puppy Lucid install. I kinda expect it to work well in other Puppies as long as glibc has been updated for the older Pooch.... I'll get around to testing it in 3.01 soonish....

I haven't tested the Java support yet but I expect it'll only work with the 1.6 versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jejcy1dlpzyjp9d/apache-openoffice-4.0_528.sfs

MD5 = 2ca84500bf59fa56fe63b76b5df309dc

Have fun and enjoy!
Cheers
Martin

PS. This is GB English version so peeps from Blighty will be happy ... especially after our stupid cricket team got smashed during the Ashes tour.

I run Libreoffice 4.02 in 3.01 I have updated Gcc from puppy linux 4 and Gtkdialog 4 and Glib from Puppy 4 and glibc and glibc locales 2.10 it is also a good idea to have gconf and Orbit installed to ensure trouble free operation.
Monsie

PostPosted: Thu 05 Sep 2013, 23:54    Post subject: OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)  

I don't know if the Apache OpenOffice Unofficial Development Builds have been updated again this year, but version 3.4.1 is available right here. These builds have been compiled with glibc 2.5 so they will run on some of the earlier distros. For Puppy, download the Full Archived Set... no installation required. This is a much easier and safer method than trying to upgrade libc6 in order to run the regular latest version of OpenOffice. See my posts in this thread for more detailed information.

Monsie

darry1966

PostPosted: Sat 07 Sep 2013, 15:04    Post subject: Re: OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)  

Monsie wrote:
I don't know if the Apache OpenOffice Unofficial Development Builds have been updated again this year, but version 3.4.1 is available right here. These builds have been compiled with glibc 2.5 so they will run on some of the earlier distros. For Puppy, download the Full Archived Set... no installation required. This is a much easier and safer method than trying to upgrade libc6 in order to run the regular latest version of OpenOffice. See my posts in this thread for more detailed information.

Monsie

With Puppy Linux 3.01 and 4 series people like Dewby and myself and others have successfully managed to apply glibc updates and I can report no adverse effects from doing so if it is done correctly.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Jump to: