OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
toowoombalinux

#1 Post by toowoombalinux »

G'day,
I cobbled this package together and it works well in a fresh Puppy Lucid install. I kinda expect it to work well in other Puppies as long as glibc has been updated for the older Pooch.... I'll get around to testing it in 3.01 soonish....

I haven't tested the Java support yet but I expect it'll only work with the 1.6 versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jejcy ... .0_528.sfs

MD5 = 2ca84500bf59fa56fe63b76b5df309dc

Have fun and enjoy!

Cheers
Martin

PS. This is GB English version so peeps from Blighty will be happy ... especially after our stupid cricket team got smashed during the Ashes tour.

darry1966

Re: OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)

#2 Post by darry1966 »

toowoombalinux wrote:G'day,
I cobbled this package together and it works well in a fresh Puppy Lucid install. I kinda expect it to work well in other Puppies as long as glibc has been updated for the older Pooch.... I'll get around to testing it in 3.01 soonish....

I haven't tested the Java support yet but I expect it'll only work with the 1.6 versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jejcy ... .0_528.sfs

MD5 = 2ca84500bf59fa56fe63b76b5df309dc

Have fun and enjoy!
Cheers
Martin

PS. This is GB English version so peeps from Blighty will be happy ... especially after our stupid cricket team got smashed during the Ashes tour.
I run Libreoffice 4.02 in 3.01 I have updated Gcc from puppy linux 4 and Gtkdialog 4 and Glib from Puppy 4 and glibc and glibc locales 2.10 it is also a good idea to have gconf and Orbit installed to ensure trouble free operation.

Monsie

#3 Post by Monsie »

I don't know if the Apache OpenOffice Unofficial Development Builds have been updated again this year, but version 3.4.1 is available right here. These builds have been compiled with glibc 2.5 so they will run on some of the earlier distros. For Puppy, download the Full Archived Set... no installation required. This is a much easier and safer method than trying to upgrade libc6 in order to run the regular latest version of OpenOffice. See my posts in this thread for more detailed information.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

darry1966

Re: OpenOffice 4.0 Office Suite (gb lang version)

#4 Post by darry1966 »

Monsie wrote:I don't know if the Apache OpenOffice Unofficial Development Builds have been updated again this year, but version 3.4.1 is available right here. These builds have been compiled with glibc 2.5 so they will run on some of the earlier distros. For Puppy, download the Full Archived Set... no installation required. This is a much easier and safer method than trying to upgrade libc6 in order to run the regular latest version of OpenOffice. See my posts in this thread for more detailed information.

Monsie
With Puppy Linux 3.01 and 4 series people like Dewby and myself and others have successfully managed to apply glibc updates and I can report no adverse effects from doing so if it is done correctly.