Buy the cds from Barry!!!!

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
EarlSmith

Buy the cds from Barry!!!!

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

I have noticed many people having trouble downloading the 1.0.4 release.
There is a better way. Order the cds from Barry. I am going to start doing this as a way to support Barry in his labor of love of developing Puppy. It's only $10. You might send an extra $10 as a donation.
Linux is free, but you know it really is not free. Someone has to work many hours to develop your "Free" software.

Go to the main menu, download page. Ordering instructions are about half way down.

This is an unsolicited endorsement for buying the Puppy cds!!
:D

EarlSmith

#2 Post by EarlSmith »

Somewhere recently I saw some one said we had 400 registered users. 400 people who care enough about Puppy to register. I have seen other promising versions of Linux go belly-up because of non-support. I really do not want that to happen to Puppy. I am going to try to stop that from happening by supporting Barry with a little cash. Today I am sending $10, a mere $10 cash to Barry.
Make a commentment to Puppy. The ones of us who are not programmers can still help. All it takes is addressing an envelope and drop in some cash. This is the best Linux I have seen, keep it going.

This is an unsolicited endorsement for buying the Puppy cds!!
:D

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

Well,
although, as Lobster commented in a recent post, I'm "working full-time" on the Puppy project, not employed anywhere else, I don't want to solicit money.
A little bit is coming in, it's covering many of the project-related expenses, and, in case you're wondering how I pay the bills, I have superannuation money in the bank, and draw on that as needed.

I don't want to rake in huge amounts of cash from this project, and I intend to publish a balance sheet someday -- also there is a tentative plan to distribute some incentive payments to other project contributors -- but the income is not yet at that stage, like it doesn't yet quite cover Internet, consumables and hardware expenses -- but, the intention is there.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

BarryK wrote:Well,
although, as Lobster commented in a recent post, I'm "working full-time" on the Puppy project, not employed anywhere else, I don't want to solicit money.
Strangely enough I suggested soliciting as a possible (rather desperate) career move for Bladehunter. I was informed that this might result in complications (involuntary extreme surgery by his girlfried - offering a possible singing career as a castrati)

Ah well . . .
:)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

EarlSmith

#5 Post by EarlSmith »

I don't want to solicit money.
I was just hoping the people who love Puppy could chip in for your expenses at least, unless you are weathy and have no need of it. You have Puppy to a point that it is really useful. I can't program or do what you do or what several other people here are able to do. I am a user and want to continue to be a user. I can part with $10 or $20 every now and then. I am sure that many other people can also. Why can't we support Puppy in the only way we can, Money!

And Lobster, I said there were no other bookkeeping software I found that fit my definition of what I want to use with Puppy....small, fast, simple, and reliable. Yes, there are many, many other programs out there, I just haven't found the one I like!