Skype 4.2 - NOW DEAD - KILLED BY MS

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
peebee

Re: Skype 4.2

#41 Post by peebee »

TIW wrote:Hi peebee.
I am running Slacko 5.6 and Skype works great.
I do have however a question in regard to the tiny Desktop Tray Icon. How can I increase the size of that Icon ?
Thanks for your help.
Hi TIW

Only way I know would be:

JWM Configuration Manager
Tray Management
Tray Height Option

but this would change all tray icons I think

Have a go.
Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

watchdog

#42 Post by watchdog »

gilloraymondo wrote: I clic on "compte microsoft" and I have a message (in french) "Internet is sometimes very slow. Please, verify your Interne conexion works corectly. Please, try again".
For using Microsoft Account in skype4.2 in puppy I have found you need a connection's speed up 3 Mbs. With a 3G internet key at gprs speed it did not work for me but it worked at home at up 3 Mbs connection's speed.

thehulkk

#43 Post by thehulkk »

There is a problem with skype using a proxy to connect to microsft. http://community.skype.com/t5/Linux/sig ... -p/1375467 I installed the latest deb files and all dependencies successfully, but I couldn't log in with my microsoft account, showing the same error from the link.

thehulkk

#44 Post by thehulkk »

Kind of mad at myself. I installed latest skype deb file and all dependencies individually and it worked the first time, but since I couldn't sign in with my microsoft account I uninstall it to try the sfs files, I could've just created a skype account an then link it to my microsoft acount. Anyways, now skype doesn't show in the menu, when I run it in the terminal, it keeps saying it needs libqtgui4.so I think, and it shouldn't because both sfs are loaded, I installed the lib from the package manager, and it still shows the same error message. I uninstall everything, then I install it again from scratch like the first time, it keeps the same error and I'm out of ideas, Can someone with more knowledge help me out here?

Semme

#45 Post by Semme »

The latest deb from where? Sounds like a lib mismatch. What happens when you run: ldd /usr/bin/skype?

thehulkk

#46 Post by thehulkk »

Semme wrote:The latest deb from where? Sounds like a lib mismatch. What happens when you run: ldd /usr/bin/skype?
From the skype website, I picked the ubuntu deb file. I have everything uninstalled now, I can try sfs again an try your command.

Semme

#47 Post by Semme »

The latest Precise? You have the devx loaded too?

thehulkk

#48 Post by thehulkk »

Semme wrote:The latest Precise? You have the devx loaded too?
are you asking me about the puppy version. Yes I'm using 5.7.1. devx? is that a package I need to install?

Semme

#49 Post by Semme »

That you're using the official build, unload that stripped lib and instead load the devx.

Menu >> setup >> sfs manager. Once dwnldd, right click and choose sfs_load.

See if running it this way makes any difference..

thehulkk

#50 Post by thehulkk »

Semme wrote:That you're using the official build, unload that stripped lib and instead load the devx.

Menu >> setup >> sfs manager. Once dwnldd, right click and choose sfs_load.

See if running it this way makes any difference..
It's weird, I installed sfs files again today and they worked this time. Maybe it's because I upgraded the sfs side loader today, or the order in which you install them, who knows? Anyways, I was able to login and everything it's working great, One thing, I had to reboot, but the sfs were not loaded anymore, do you know what could be the reason? I loaded them again, and skype worked again.

Semme

#51 Post by Semme »

Unless something's wrong, BootManager should handle the loading of those.
Attachments
sfs_btmngr.jpg
(44.42 KiB) Downloaded 868 times