[Solved] Erratic Cursor Movements in Email

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
julianloui

[Solved] Erratic Cursor Movements in Email

#1 Post by julianloui »

I've seen this sort of problem in server versions of Ubuntu as well as Microsoft Windows 7. The cursor just wanders all over the place as I type an e-mail message. However, I've rarely seen it in using Ubuntu's GUI Terminal mode.

I am not sure whether this is a hardware problem. My computer is an HPd530 tabletop,

Julianloui
Last edited by julianloui on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 21:53, edited 2 times in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

What kind of mouse or pointing device do you have? When my cursor sometimes does strange things it's because the sensor in my laser trackball is dirty. I just pop out the ball and blow out the lint. Walla, problem solved.
Next time this happens, try unplugging your pointing device from the computer, if that's convenient, and see if the problem goes away.

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

If its web based or contains HTML views, it could be a script embedded into an email, especially if its cross-platform. Also my mouse does that to a limited effect when batteries are near death

gcmartin

#4 Post by gcmartin »

This can be problematic when using a laptop with/without mouse. The keboard's pad sensor will mistake hand movement to mean mouse response.

This happens all the time with couple of my laptops that I use.

Yes,its an issue on certain PCs pads. (Last winter, I went to far as to wear a glove with qne finger cut out so that the pad would not mistake errant needs. :lol: Strange to others around, but true.)

If this is the environment you are using, try covering the keyboard pad with a small box piece of paper when you type as this too, I've found, also works.

Here to help

julianloui

#5 Post by julianloui »

2015-12-11

Flash, Ted Dog and gcmartin,

I offer my sincere apology for my belated response. I didn't notice my negligence until today as I visit this site infrequently.

Early this year I came across an identical problem with a 2013 Dell laptop I acquired on Craigslist. Otherwise, I found the machine impeccable. I simply disabled the touchpad function and bypassed the problem by using an external mouse.

Thank you all for your helpful advice.

Julianloui