SteamOS

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
bigpup

SteamOS

#1 Post by bigpup »

Steam is trying very hard to get away from Windows as the operating system for PC games.
As we’ve been working on bringing Steam to the living room, we’ve come to the conclusion that the
environment best suited to delivering value to customers is an operating system built around Steam itself.
SteamOS combines the rock-solid architecture of Linux with a gaming experience built for the big screen.
It will be available soon as a free stand-alone operating system for living room machines.
This could be a big turning point fore Linux.
Their StemOS web site:
http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

Logo could be different , but hey , that is an professional made site .

I think, many people already are using or had tried some kind of Linux .

And I think that steamOS might not be the turning point , but might be a part of a long term turning point .

Linux is running on 90% of supercomputers already, so a Puppy running supercomputer is missing .
And I don't mean the stock tiny Puppy , I mean a full functional Puppy Linux OS of 10GB size , just like Debian , RedHat or Slackware .

Because of the "frugal" reputation , I could think of the local welfare office , that runs WindowsOS on their PCs , with settings, that don't allow the employees to download even .pdf files from the internet , just do a Google Search .