Chatterbox - STT / TTS / TTA project. Part 3

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
greengeek

Chatterbox - STT / TTS / TTA project. Part 3

#1 Post by greengeek »

Part 3 of my "chatterbox" project is aimed at getting a Puppy to monitor the text file created in Part 2 (in response to my speech) and to take action based upon that text file. (In this case if the text file says "Yes" then I want a program / script to start Peasymp3 player and play the contents of my music folder)

Part 1 and chatterbox project description here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=89258

Part 2 (monitor what I speak into the microphone) here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=729969
Last edited by greengeek on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 00:43, edited 3 times in total.

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

reserved

greengeek

#3 Post by greengeek »

reserved

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

reserved

greengeek

#5 Post by greengeek »

reserved

H4LF82

#6 Post by H4LF82 »

This part is easy. If part 1 is TTS and part 2 is STT, then part 3 must surely be about TTA (text-to-action). A computer is a big fat TTA machine thats only job in life is turning text into action... so I do not forsee any problems here. If you can get part 2 figured out, (YOU: "Computer, open firefox." COMPUTER: "computer open firefox" # exec firefox ) I am as happy as a retarded clam to help write the 1000 or so tiny 1, 2, &3 line bash scripts that will be necessary for all of the possible visually accessible options. I have become the short-bash-script-KING and I can write short bash scripts in my sleep.

:D
"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows." - Thomas Jefferson

greengeek

#7 Post by greengeek »

I didn't mention part 4 yet ....ie: writing the menu structure that expands the functionality and ties it all together so that it does more than just play my music folder :-)

Part 2 is going to keep me busy for a while yet 8)

Glad you're on board with the scripting 'cos all I can do is copy and hack other peoples code...

greengeek

#8 Post by greengeek »

After Puppy asks the question "Would you like me to play your music collection randomly" and I answer "Yes", then the process which detects my answer will kick off a script which launches peasymp3autoplay as follows:

#!/bin/bash
peasymp3autoplay /path/to/Music

Peasymp3autoplay is a recently added part of rcrsn51's peasymp3 suite. It plays the Music folder (and subfolders) randomly and is available as the peasymp3_progs-4.3.pet from the first post here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=86654

I've just tested this from the commandline and it works perfectly so it's just a question of how to trigger it from the voice response.

H4LF82

#9 Post by H4LF82 »

if we are talking about playing wav files then id suggest using mplayer...
mplayer /path/to/file.wav
mplayer is pretty standard equipment on puppy if im not mistaken... I know nothing about peasymp3 which is not to say i am opposed...simply that i know nothing about it.

perhaps the "plays the folder randomly" bit is the part that got your attention, but i would suggest that the ultimate end result is not to achieve random playing of X from some folder, but the specific action of playing X from X folder. If your goal is to expand this program to do something besides play random music, id leave the random part out and get really specific.

Specificity will be key as we go on and this monster grows. im jsut sayin...
"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows." - Thomas Jefferson

greengeek

#10 Post by greengeek »

Yes, I see your point - it's just that the "random play" thought was fresh in my mind because it is what I have spent the last month working on. Now that it's working successfully I thought the STT method was a great way to trigger it. (peasymp3 is a front end for mplayer anyway - and getting singleclick randomplay working was the end result I wanted).

My hope is that once this project successfully triggers my randomplay goal then it provides a proof-of-concept that can be extended to any other function (or hopefully clusters of functions...)