Java and Opera Mini

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

#21 Post by nic007 »

mikeb wrote:hmm that might need some digging at microemulator website.
I assume you have the resizeable screen set as default?

I am being a windows bunny at the mo so if i get chance i will play

mike
Just to make it clear...When one starts microemulator by just clicking microemulator.jar (ie. Without any further arguments/code/command), the application opens but one has to select the applet (midlet file in this case opera mini.jad) from the menu first and then click the start button to run it. Now I see with that syntax/command we got going for enabling downloads with Opera Mini, that microemulator opens with opera mini already being selected automatically and the only further input needed, is to click the start button to run it. So, I was wondering if the command can be "expanded" to also make opera mini run automatically (ie. Without having to click the start button in microemulator) when microemulator opens...or perhaps something added to the config file? Yes, I have resizable device as default. Thanks

mikeb

#22 Post by mikeb »

Yes got that one.... your fingers must be getting tired by now.....

Well trains stopped play but I am back again...

mike

edit
if there was a switch it would be here i think
http://www.microemu.org/usage.html
but did find the nokia option :)

nic007

#23 Post by nic007 »

mikeb wrote:Yes got that one.... your fingers must be getting tired by now.....

Well trains stopped play but I am back again...

mike

edit
if there was a switch it would be here i think
http://www.microemu.org/usage.html
but did find the nokia option :)
Okay I admit I'm getting lazy with the button clicking. LOL. I've had a look at microemu's home page and the answer may be there but I'm not savvy enough to spot/realise/understand all of it

mikeb

#24 Post by mikeb »

Ok hand over the jelly beans.... got it to auto run...
on windows I did this...but you will get the idea...you add opera to the class path and then add 'Browser' in the class to run list... and voila it runs straight away...obviously you want to add yer file save and full screen stuff...and linux paths, and cuddly toys..

java -cp microemulator.jar;..\opera-mini-7.1.32052-advanced-en.jar org.microemu.app.Main Browser

watch them colons.......!!

mike

now why does the nokia jar not work...grrrrrr

nic007

#25 Post by nic007 »

mikeb wrote:Ok hand over the jelly beans.... got it to auto run...
on windows I did this...but you will get the idea...you add opera to the class path and then add 'Browser' in the class to run list... and voila it runs straight away...obviously you want to add yer file save and full screen stuff...and linux paths, and cuddly toys..

java -cp microemulator.jar;..\opera-mini-7.1.32052-advanced-en.jar org.microemu.app.Main Browser

watch them colons.......!!

mike

now why does the nokia jar not work...grrrrrr
Hi, Mike. tried it in puppy and does not work. I have:
java -cp /root/microemulator-2.0.4/lib/microemu-jsr-75.jar:/root/microemulator-2.0.4/microemulator.jar:/root/microemulator-2.0.4/apps/opera-mini-7.0.30567-advanced-en-us.jar org.microemu.app.Main Browser --impl org.microemu.cldc.file.Filesystem org.microemu.examples.fcview.FCViewMIDlet /root/microemulator-2.0.4/apps/opera-mini-7.0.30567-advanced-en-us.jad

I'm probably doing something silly.

mikeb

#26 Post by mikeb »

Cannot test at the moment but perhaps remove that last jad since opera jar is in the classpath this way and started with Browser.
I'm probably doing something silly.
I do all the time...helps me deal with the outside world.

mike

samira

Java and Opera Mini

#27 Post by samira »

Hello,
I was wondering if there's any microemu pet package for puppy. Or I need to compile from sources?

mikeb

#28 Post by mikeb »

Hi samira...

its a crossplatform java package...just download , unpack and run.
Needs the java runtime thats all.
mike

samira

Java and Opera Mini

#29 Post by samira »

Dear mikeb,
You mean i just get microemu first. Then for the runtime, i need the "standard" java from Sun's website? Can microemu be used with j2me? :?

mikeb

#30 Post by mikeb »

Yes and yes.... java -jar /path/to/app.jar or .jad is the basic usage...

mike

nic007

Re: Java and Opera Mini

#31 Post by nic007 »

samira wrote:Dear mikeb,
You mean i just get microemu first. Then for the runtime, i need the "standard" java from Sun's website? Can microemu be used with j2me? :?
You need to install JRE first. There are pets available. Then download microemulator and place its folder somewhere on your HDD. I have it in root. Then right-click on a jar file and chose " set run-action" in the menu. Set the run-action as: java -jar "$@" for jar files. You can then run microemulator by clicking microemulator.jar

nic007

#32 Post by nic007 »

mikeb wrote:Yes and yes.... java -jar /path/to/app.jar or .jad is the basic usage...

mike
Hi, Mike.

Minimal requirement for microemulator to run is JRE1.4.2 Being ultra anti any large programmes, I would love to have that old version working as it's about 13mb compared to the newer versions at over 40MB in installation size. So, it will be great if one can find/make a pet of that old version. I've tried to download that old version from Java Sun website before but without luck. Any way to get/make a JRE1.4.2pet?

mikeb

#33 Post by mikeb »

Hmm I have 1.6u0_30 which is a 30MB sfs.

In order to get it an any other older versions you have to join the dev site.... just an email and password job and tell them you work for IBM or something :D.... Has to be the horses mouth as by the licensing nature you are unlikely to find an 'official' download elsewhere.

Unless someone here has one tucked away :)

mike

samira

Java and Opera Mini

#34 Post by samira »

Hi mike,
Thanks! It works..
Attachments
capture23565.png
(158.21 KiB) Downloaded 434 times

mikeb

#35 Post by mikeb »

Splendiferous :)

samira

Java and Opera Mini

#36 Post by samira »

mikeb: i was thinking of the possibility of running Java ME instead to keep things light. Would that be possible since most java phones run Java ME?

mikeb

#37 Post by mikeb »

Well since microemulator is emulating javaME that would have been unecessary if javaME was available on Linux. Then again its an area of which I know little which also means I really don't know

regards

Mike

samira

Java and Opera Mini

#38 Post by samira »

Hi mike,
thanks for the feedback. was just wondering if i can keep it small. for me, it's a waste of space to install 40mb of data to run a mini browser smaller than 5mb.

mikeb

#39 Post by mikeb »

Well multiple levels of emulation do take their toll on the electricity bill.

Again jme2 running directly on elf would be a better way but I know not if it exists (is it closed source?)... otherwise why use such as microemulator.

It may be related to the commercial aspect of the whole smart phone apps world... easier to prevent users getting files on a phones embedded system than on a pc.

ok old javas for puppy
http://dotpups.de/dotpups/Libraries/
there are 3 in there...rename pup to zip to get at the files if they won't install.

note from oracle the java ME downloads only appear to have SDK for windows and Macs but I get the feeling you would have something similar to microemulator in the end.

Ok straight from my oracle account as an ace pilot :D the last release of 1.4 installer bin....I might have a play myself :)
removed to to lack of need and I want the space..pm if you still want this..

mike
Last edited by mikeb on Wed 20 May 2015, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

samira

Java and Opera Mini

#40 Post by samira »

I did manage to try operamini.pet (v6.5) and google+chrome.jar (a modded opera mini 4.2) last night. I notice that v4.2 was much more speedy in loading pages even with graphic, but v6.5 was unable to load it fast, with 2 tabs open. any reasin for this? the connection speed was a basic 64 kbps one.