Error message when printing from Abiword

Booting, installing, newbie
kirk

Error message when printing from Abiword

#1 Post by kirk »

when I try to print from Abiword I get this message:

"Font data file [/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/n021003l.pfbcannot be opened for reading!
Did it disappear on us? AbiWord can't print without
this file; your PostScript might be missing this resource."

The file is there. Any ideas?

p.s. It does the same thing with pup103 What am I doing wrong? Do I need to download a Font file?

Bancobusto

#2 Post by Bancobusto »

Kirk, I just went through this today for my 2nd time, and I found the problem to be my own impatience.

I realized that during the "printer wizard" dialogue, I hadn't read carefully enough, and ended up not selecting the new, recently installed printer as the default one. Try again. I don't know WHY I find that wizard confusing, but I do.

Good luck!
Freedom isn't just a Puppy-Linux forum member!

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

yes, Abiword can be mighty peculiar. It comes up with that message if printing is not setup properly.

kirk

#4 Post by kirk »

Thanks,

That was it. Now I feel just silly. I was hitting the "set as default" button under driver settings, instead of the option under the printer pull-down menu. I must have set up the printer 1/2 dozen times last night. I did it tonight and it worked the 2nd time. It would have worked the first time except I used the tcp-port option, which doesn't seem to work with my raw network printer. So I used the bsd-lpd option. Thanks again, it's a great distro. I've remastered it using the script posted on this form, worked nice, just don't have a swap partition active when you load to the hard drive or the remastered live cd will look for that partition when it boots.