Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 31 Jul 2014, 23:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
How to open dev options in Android 4.2
Page 3 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
jpeps

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov 2013, 02:24    Post subject:  

afifio wrote:

I did try to wet my feet with ADT, but at 400MB API and who knows whats there, it might burn my pc to crisp. Even running eclipse is trivial for me....plus...I sux at java and its damn slow.

I wrote a few apps with AIDE on my Nexus. Version 2.16 is only 17.10 MB.
Works nicely. Java has become much faster, even on my old Dell laptops. They're actually fairly simple to write with a tool like Eclipse, and prepares you for Android.

Quote:

jpeps, checkout the Actionbar Sherlock, another thing to boot up your dev is the https://f-droid.org/‎ . I do envy the android community, they make it seems like easy and I got sleepy reading even the intro to android apps, Laughing

You can access the action bar directly in later versions of android. For example, to put the date in the action bar:

Code:

ActionBar ab = get ActionBar();
ab.setTitle(dateString);

I just checked out:
https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/

Nice...they include the source code for everything...what a treasure!!

Quote:

As I said, if you could develop for android - what will you develop ?

Smile Well, all my office software for starters. I now do case notes on my cell phone, using voice to text. I wrote psych testing apps that uses the touchscreen (on a Nexus 7) for the questionnaire (boolean..true/false)..Score, content analysis, graph, etc.. You can tailor database apps for your own purposes. I wrote an sqlite db for my library (on my phone) that interfaces with a java sqlite on my pc...also interfaces with the cloud. I just wrote an exercise app that adds points for various activities..when the date changes, it logs the results to a file and resets itself. It's always great to be able to create apps that do exactly what you want them to do, and once you start using them, new ideas keep coming.

I suppose you could also sell them. 200,000 downloads at $.99 would pay the rent.
Page 3 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
Jump to: