How to install Manager Accounting deb package?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Esenicki

How to install Manager Accounting deb package?

#1 Post by Esenicki »

Manager website download 0.9 MB deb from http://www.manager.io/standalone-edition
Package installs but doesn't work right out of the box. Clicking on menu item doesn't start Manager. Would like to know why and what needs to be done.

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Simple answer..
they have packaged the windows version in a deb so basically its meant to run on wine. Add that and it will most likely work.

http://www.codelathe.com/mmex/
might be of interest ... its native linux just needs wxwidgets dependancy adding.

mike

Esenicki

#3 Post by Esenicki »

Thanks for reply. I think you may be confusing Manager and Money Manager Ex. I am interested in the former (see my previous link). Anyway I tried installing the Windows version with Wine 1.5.15 I believe and it spewed out error messages about missing components whatever and wouldn't instal unlike the Linux version which didn't complain but wouldn't start by clicking the menu button. I talked to the programs developer and he said someone familiar with Puppy Linux would have to help getting it to run.

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Noted its more like a CRM on further looking..... no problem

Yes it will install but the resultant install is of a windows program.
Wine will not run the deb installer.

So install in linux and look for the windows exe file to run it as puppy may not make a menu entry.

\opt\manager-accounting\ is where the exe files are and it looks like a server if that makes sense.

Its also looking for mscoree.dll so could well be a .net application which would require mono installing to try and give .net functionality.

You may find it easier to use windows.

mike

Esenicki

#5 Post by Esenicki »

Thank you Mike for your interest and help. I've passed on your comments to the developer for his feedback.

mikeb

#6 Post by mikeb »

No problem .
Sorry its not as straightforward as hoped.

regards

Mike