TeamViewer 9 - remote desktop / collaboration package

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
koulaxizis

TeamViewer 9 - remote desktop / collaboration package

#1 Post by koulaxizis »

sunburnt

#2 Post by sunburnt »

Hello to folks in Greece; What is TeamViewer9..?

koulaxizis

#3 Post by koulaxizis »

sunburnt wrote:Hello to folks in Greece; What is TeamViewer9..?
Hello mate! Take a look here! :)
[b]Christos Koulaxizis[/b]
[i]Woof woof from Greece![/i]

[color=darkred][url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppystuff/][ Puppy Stuff Repository ][/url][/color]

sunburnt

#4 Post by sunburnt »

Interesting... Collaboration software. Good work my friend.!

Say... The Puppy community needs this very badly ( Communication ).

koulaxizis

#5 Post by koulaxizis »

sunburnt wrote:Interesting... Collaboration software. Good work my friend.!

Say... The Puppy community needs this very badly ( Communication ).
Communication is the base for every healthy community. And this one needs to develop some communication skills... :lol:
[b]Christos Koulaxizis[/b]
[i]Woof woof from Greece![/i]

[color=darkred][url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppystuff/][ Puppy Stuff Repository ][/url][/color]

sunburnt

#6 Post by sunburnt »

See here ( bottom area of thread ):

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90643

ralplpcr

Strange problem?

#7 Post by ralplpcr »

For some strange reason, this only seems to work until the system is rebooted? After that, although there's no error message, the GUI will not appear when it's launched.

Any ideas what's happening?

I'm running Slacko 5.6. I *can* get it to start properly (ie- show the GUI) if I download & run the "run without installing" package from the Teamviewer site, but it won't let me save a password since it's "not permanently installed on the system".

If I uninstall the PET, run the "without install" package, exit, and then re-install the PET, I can make it work... but again, only until I reboot.

Trying to get an install that will come up at boot time and allow me to save a password for remote access.

panmar

Interpunktion in GR (solved)

#8 Post by panmar »

Αγαπητέ Χ

surender

#9 Post by surender »

Hello cannot have unattended password for this pet .

Ebulbunny

#10 Post by Ebulbunny »

Thanks for the pet mate :D For me it works fine; however, I need to run it by console writing

Code: Select all

sudo teamviewer 
I am not a tech savvy person so I dont understand much but after trying some random things I know and I found around the internet I realised that it works . But I also read that it is dangerous to run it as sudo. So I dont know if what I do counts as a solution for those who has that daemon blah blah problem. :D

cimarron

#11 Post by cimarron »

Thanks! The sfs works fine on GuyDog. Looks like you built this from the generic linux package that just installs in /opt (like a portable app) so I imagine it should run on most pups. Impressive to be controlling a Windows computer remotely with my old 256M RAM computer, and running big programs like Quickbooks.

I found it does leave behind a daemon process (teamviewerd) that has to be killed before the sfs will unload. No way around that, as far as I can tell.

puzzledpup

setting password teamviewer linux

#12 Post by puzzledpup »

I was getting the not permanently installed error too when setting up teamviewer in puppy linux. For some reason it would do that when I clicked on the password box on the opening screen. But I was able to get around that by setting the password in the settings. Just click extras then options and then security put the password in and click okay. Worked for me and I hope that is helpful for somebody else.

amsk98

#13 Post by amsk98 »

any one update with new ver
My sys conifg is OS Puppy linux 4.3.1 K 2.6.30.5 Work Ok When i boot from cd i Install On HDD But dont know which directory I have full install 128 MB SD Ram & 2048 MB Swap Partition Intel 810 Mother board 40 GB HDD ATX Cabinet 14' LG CRT screen

666philb

#14 Post by 666philb »

amsk98 wrote:any one update with new ver
teamviewer 9 is the latest version
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

u81

Works fine- except can't setup unattended access???

#15 Post by u81 »

This works fine and I'm able to control the puppy machine from my phone now, but I'm having problems setting up unattended access.

The error is- " Teamviewer is not permanently installed on this computer".

I know puzzledpup suggested to go to options and setup a password there and I did that.

But, the button for assign to account is grayed out and thereunder the text says- you can only assign this computer to an account if you have administrator rights.

The second thing I want is that it should autostart minimised.

So, help please......

u81

Teamviewer9 PET now working- but not autostarting minimised

#16 Post by u81 »

Just to update my earlier post.

I've tried teamviewer6 PET, teamviewer8 PET, teamviewer9 PET and SFS.

I got all version starting up.

But in version 6 couldn't log into my teamviewer account.

In version8- working but not smoothly.

In version9 - SFS and PET- I have been able to link them to my teamviewer account and access works from android phone to puppy.

The one important thing that I needed to do to get to this stage was to setup a teamviewer daemon startup script .i.e a new file created named teamviewer_start.sh in the startup folder.

The text of the file is hereunder

#!/bin/sh
teamviewer --daemon start

PS- The above tip was copied from another teamviewer thread on this forum.

Then to autostart teamviewer I went to /usr/bin/ and clicked + dragged teamviewer symlink to startup folder and created another symlink.

So teamviewer9 pet is working fine and autostarting.

Now the problem I have is that I just can't get teamviewer to autostart and that too minimised.

All help appreciated.

Many thanks for the tremendous effort by the OP and others who helped.

u81

I can't see the activity on host screen

#17 Post by u81 »

I have team viewer sfs running fine, registering to my teamviewer account and I can log in from another machine as well.

However, I don't actually see what is being done on the host computer, as in the windows opening/ closing on the host machine's desktop don't appear on my screen at all.

I can see the desktop screen with all of the icons as on host screen, but I can't see what is being done on the host computer.

Can you guys help...