Ksnapshot and k3b burning .pet file

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Raj

Ksnapshot and k3b burning .pet file

#1 Post by Raj »

Hi there,

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am habituated with these 2 programmes & my system also does not work without these 2, specially K3b -- none other work.

Can anyone please advice a link how I can down these?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

There are various k3b packages posted around the forum in SFS format. But they are huge because of all the missing dependencies.

1. What Puppy version are you using?
2. What burning programs have you tried?
3. What content are you trying to burn?

The whole point of Puppy is that it is a light-weight Linux with light-weight tools. If you insist on trying to stuff these full-sized applications into Puppy, you may be disappointed.

Raj

#3 Post by Raj »

So far I've used burning tools --
1. Ubuntu -- default tools.
2. Kubuntu -- K3b
3. Archlinux -- default tools.
4. Puppy precise 5.7.1 -- default tools.

The defaults include brasero, xfburn, k3b etc. Previously I used to use tools in windows xp Sp3.

Out of these, K3b has never failed. The rest always have failed even burning simple cd (of data).

I'm now using Pburn & pdvdsab (default in precise puppy linux 5.7.1) & it's failing.

But the other default softwares like audio/video of this puppy work the best.

I think there must be a solution ..... or I'm missing something. I just open the pburn, then select the folders/files to be burnt & simply click on burning tab. So far I've not installed any other/additional software/package etc. in puppy. When I click on burn, there's a simple burk of a dog & an error pop-up. I'm running it from my full install HDD. The system is lenovo s10-2 ideapad with its standard hardware. Am I missing something? Shall I have to install any additional package?

K3b, as already told, is the only software which has done whatever I wanted to.

Thanks,
Raj

dejan555

#4 Post by dejan555 »

Hey Raj, I have k3b running on my puppy but links to original combination of pets I made are long gone.
Maybe you can try this combination:
kdelibs-3.5.7-i486-4_slack12.0.pet 18.58 MB
+
k3b-1.0.5-kdpup-lite.pet 6.52 MB

I might try to digg up pets if I have them burned on discs somewhere
Pburn should work though
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

Raj wrote:Shall I have to install any additional package?
Try PeasyDisc.

Ted Dog

#6 Post by Ted Dog »

or pBurn both great... You may think being a small distro we would not have mature optical drive tools. But write back live CD DVD and BluRay are supported in one or more of the puppy linux spins.
I am currently backing up my harddrive onto a bootible bluray. Largest file is 16G. and its fully happy with the powerful but small sized tools.

Raj

#7 Post by Raj »

Ted,

There's no question of like or dislike, rather performance. I have tried it several times but instead corrupting some dvds, it has got nothing for me till.

Either I'm missing some extra packages I may need to install (python/the like?) or it's not performing.

FYI: I have just installed a full, fresh puppy5.7.1. PeasyDisk is also tried but without result.

Then?

Raj

Set Action command for minitab14 in puppy5.7.1

#8 Post by Raj »

Hi there,

Thanks for all the helps.

Now, a small question -- what is the run command I have to use in shell to run minitab .PMJ files from other folders?

Minitab14 is installed in puppy5.7.1 through wine ..... working good but can't open automatically any .PMJ file ........ asking for "Set Run Command"

*** what's the general rule for setting this command for any type of programme?

Ted Dog

#9 Post by Ted Dog »

with wine you can also run imgburn for windows.. But best ask as a different thread wine questions.

Raj

#10 Post by Raj »

Hi Dejan555,

Both are downloaded & installed ..... but can't run. search in "RUN" produces no result. Is there any extra package I have to install?

dejan555

#11 Post by dejan555 »

Try to run it from console, type "k3b" and hit enter it will complain about missing libraries if it needs something more
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

Raj

#12 Post by Raj »

I have resolved the issue with pburn -- it needed a .sfs (not devx) file what I've installed. Now it's working perfect. I would like to thank all of you, dears. Also I would like to say the problem as solved.

Ted Dog

#13 Post by Ted Dog »

great news on your fix... Forgot about the needed update the default burn tools are old and those of us which are heavy optical drive users patched that already.. Did you know you can run puppy JUST from dvd? no harddrive needed, if you have a machine with extra RAM to spare its fast. And any changes are burnt back to boot disk. It takes me about a month of normal usage to fill a DVD. I like to divide my projects up by DVD. A DVD for gaming. A DVD for book scanning. A DVD for my Raytracing. A DVD for each website design I'm working on.. etc.

Bligh

#14 Post by Bligh »

I like k3b and amarok, there have been several kde derivatives posted on the forum and I have them dled and burned. I keep a kde distro installed for that reason. I think pburn is recommended for multi-session cds and dvds.
Cheers