Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 02 Oct 2014, 07:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Chromium Browser 34.0.1847.137
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 3 of 3 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
nooby

PostPosted: Wed 04 Dec 2013, 02:43    Post_subject:  

This morning my local time I did dl your google-chrome-31.0.1650.57.sfs
and used sfs-exec to load it but nothing did happen
so most likely Lupu528-005 is too old? Nothing important
I will most likely only use Chrome if nothing else work
on some page dedicated to those who use chrome. So skip it if it is odd

nooby

PostPosted: Tue 24 Dec 2013, 05:25    Post_subject:  

This morning I dowloaded it again and will tell what happens later
I get back soon Smile Edit must have done something wrong last time

Haha this time it does work instantly but I am not used to it
so will take some time to adjust to how google wants things done.

So Oscar thanks for the pet and sfs.

MikeyBrat

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan 2014, 18:37    Post_subject:  google chrome  

just manual installed google chrome 32 from extracted .deb dl'd from google chrome installer page for first time EVER.
Everything eems be working okay... so far.

-
usb frugal install puppy raring 3.9.9.2
gcmartin

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:33    Post_subject: Chrome has a fix for an annoying problem in its browser use  

Others may find this news a welcomed update. It is one of those bothersome things which I have agonized over before in browser use: "Where is that audio coming from?"

Hope this helps

YoutIndia

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:09    Post_subject: Chrome 32 on Precise 5.7.1 shows this error.  

I am unable to install any Chrome version other than 24, every other version shows this error

Code:
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /usr/lib/firefox/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.14.3' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)

There is only one old version that I am able to run on it. This error is always shown on every version of Chrome that I try to install. Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

I first ran Puppy Precise 5.5 and then upgraded to 5.7.1 few weeks earlier.

Please, I need to complete a programming project in scratch and the flash on Chrome 24 is outdated to complete my project. I need to submit it at the end of this month.
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:14    Post_subject:  

That Google Chrome 32 runs fine in Precise 5.7.1
The libnss3.so is located inside the seamonkey folder in /usr/lib and the version included natively in Precise is fine for Google Chrome.

Not sure why your Chrome is looking at one in the Firefox diectory. Precise doesn't have Firefox. Probably you have installed an older Firefox which has an older libnss3.so and that is why you are getting the error. Have you removed Seamonkey?

YoutIndia

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jan 2014, 12:46    Post_subject:  

Yes, I have firefox 16 and Seamonkey 2.19 installed.

Will try running it again after removing Firefox 16 and will tell you then if it works or not.

Update : Yes, Thankyou, after removing Firefox, it just worked in one time. I am really happy because I was kinda frustrated about this for a long time and now it is solved. I should have came here in the first place.

Maybe Firefox has more priority over Seamonkey, that is why this problem existed in the first place.

Anyways thanks for the help I appreciate that.
cygnus_odile

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jan 2014, 05:32    Post_subject: Re: google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77.sfs
Sub_title: your package of Google Chrome 32.0.1700.77 has incorrect permission in sfs

OscarTalks wrote:

Also Google Chrome 32.0.1700.77 if you want to try it
Download from here:-
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks
(You may need to right-click and save)

A member of our Puppy Linux Japanese Forum reported that your
  http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77.sfs
cannot be loaded by Mr.Shinobar's "SFS_load" utility on Puppy Precise-571JP (japanese edition).

I found that "/opt" directory in your sfs has incorrect permission(, see below).

"/opt" d rwx r-x r-x (755)

"/opt/.." d rw- --- --- (600)

So, I correct it and upload a sfs-package on Google-Drive:

google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77.sfs @Google-Drive

Best Regards,
cygnus_odile

OscarTalks

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jan 2014, 07:30    Post_subject:  

Hello cygnus_odile,

Thank you for the report. I think the problem was with the permissions on the main google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77 folder which is converted to the .sfs but I believe I have fixed it now. I tested it using sfs_load in RAM mode in Dpup Wheezy and it loaded and ran OK

Regards to all the Japanese Puppy users.

Semme

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan 2014, 15:02    Post_subject:  

Oscar, 32.0.1700.102 build for Precise here.
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan 2014, 18:30    Post_subject:  

Hello Semme,

I took a look at that package. Because it is compiled in Ubuntu Precise (which has glibc 2.15) it won't run Dpup Wheezy (which has glibc 2.13) unfortunately. Hopefully the Debian devs will be releasing a Chromium 32 before long which will run in Wheezy and Precise.

This one does seem OK in Precise though. I did a few tweaks and gave it a quick test. I have named the package as chromium-32.0.1700.102-precise and uploaded it as .pet and .sfs to my "copy dot com" storage (where I have bags of space) in case anyone wants to try it out.
https://copy.com/lMmmQmxuqRJU

Users and testers please note.
Other versions by other posters are available. I haven't tested this one in Slacko. The one here by peebee may be more suitable for that:-
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81351

Barburo

PostPosted: Fri 31 Jan 2014, 13:37    Post_subject:  

Thanks for the .pet !!
I was running V.30 and couldn't get rid of the "out of date" Flash message even though I had "--allow-outdated-plugins" on the command line.

chromium-32.0.1700.102-precise works fine in Precise 5.71 and no out of date plugin messages.
B.

darkcity

PostPosted: Tue 04 Feb 2014, 09:44    Post_subject:  

Can confirm chrome 32 doesn't work on Slacko 5.3.1, needs libstdc++ 3.4.15, where as Slacko 5.3.1 only has 3.4.14.

Error
Code:
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /usr/lib/seamonkey/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.14.3' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)

ref.
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/libstdcplusplus

Dpup

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr 2014, 07:21    Post_subject: Chrome 33
Sub_title: Slacko 5.7 and Canon MX922

Thanks Oscar, Chrome 33 pet with the two libs installed on Slacko 5.7 works on my Canon MX922. Have tried since Xmas to get CUPS driver for the Canon MX922 and unable to get it to work. Now I installed Chrome and it works fine with Google cloud printing and my home WiFi router on WPA2 TKIP.

I think for the many newer Cloud ready printers of all brands that do not have CUPS drivers, that Chrome or Chromium provides easy to install printing support out of the box for Puppy Linux when computer is connected to WiFi, but have to wonder how Google gets into users wallets !!!

Have Chrome 33 installed and working fine on HP laptop as well as ASUS Netbook. Also noticed that all activity on any of my computers is also visible from any other of my computers on my Google account, including my Android tablets, smartphone etc. And files can be easily shared or printed wireless from the different devices even when they are far from home on other carriers networks and on different operating systems, Puppy Linux, Windows, Android, Apple IPads, IPhones etc...

Also tested with Chromium, prints fine, but have to use settings to print because the print pull down menu does not list my MX922. Wonder since it works from settings how to get it to show on print pull down like Chrome does.

Thanks again for the latest Puppy Chrome and Chromium !!!
IlluminatiPL

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr 2014, 08:59    Post_subject:  

Chromium Waterfall works around on Newest Slacko64 (64bit,glibc 2.15) and Slacko (August 13 as Stable and March 14 as Beta)/Precise 5.7.1 (32bit,glibc 2.15)
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 3 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum