Racy 5.9

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
scsijon

Racy 5.9

#1 Post by scsijon »

I'm starting the process of creating a Racy format Puppy using T2's alpha/beta Version of 9.0.

I'm coding it Racy 5.9 unless someone objects.

I have yet to decide to make it a full racy or a cutdown but intend to use 5.5's package list as a basis.

I need it updated to add the Wayland/Weston Server/Desktop system into puppyland as it need T2's core later than Version 8.0 can supply.

Kernel will be 3.12.3, 686 with extended memory, PAE and a 'few' other switches turned on.

First release for testing should be out early March.

JWM will remain the x-org/x11 desktop. I have started building them again.

All Packages will live on my server until I am satisfied with it.

regards
scsijon

I want to

partsman

#2 Post by partsman »

THAN YOU !!!!!!! WONDERFUL !! Glad to see someone building a good old pup on T2 !
looking forward to testing for you !
[color=red]Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)[/color] :wink:

mikeslr

Great > Looking forward to it!

#3 Post by mikeslr »

Hi scsijon,

Great. +1.

mikeslr

sszindian

Future Racy build

#4 Post by sszindian »

scsijon

Racy has always been a favorite of mine since its beginning... Be glad to help test your build!!!

One note... WiFi has always been a problem for me in Racy... Just don't want to config. Only WiFi's that work with my system (using Linksys AE1000 and USB - rt2800usb) is Current Wheezy - New Slacko-5.6.5.5 - and rerwin's new Lupusuper4-5.2.8.6 --- EDIT:01/07/14 - Having WiFi 'DROPS' with Slacko and Lupusuper - Wheezy holding up like a champ!) using Frisbee.

And please... don't change the 'font layout' it's great and really puts most of the others to shame. I currently run Racy-5.5 on a 1400x900 screen and it looks... like I said, 'great.'

And thanks for sticking with the 'T2' I believe it to be the best all-around for graphics! :wink:

>>>---Indian------>
Last edited by sszindian on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

Terryphi

#5 Post by Terryphi »

Racy has always been a favourite of mine too. What it desperately needs is updated libraries to run the latest Firefox and Chromium browsers.

scsijon

#6 Post by scsijon »