Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Apr 2014, 16:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
KingSoft Office
Page 3 of 3 [44 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
musher0

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014, 17:50    Post subject:
Subject description: KSO Spreadsheets not funny...

Hello, all.

I chanced upon a bug in KSO Spreadsheets. You cannot have the listing "- Automobile" in
KSO Spreadsheets! It says the name is undefined... Try it, you'll see!

Or is it just me? Maybe KSO doesn't like the make of my car? Razz hehe.

But no problems in KSO's "Writer" yet.

BFN.

musher0
KSO-Spreadsheet-Automobile.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   28.5 KB
 Viewed   478 Time(s)

KSO-Spreadsheet-Automobile.jpg

nmlkngdm

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014, 17:53    Post subject:  

Quote:
i'm leaving mine up. you're not stealing business from them, just allowing more people the chance to use the free version of their software--you're helping them advertise, if anything...

I'll follow suit with Puppus Dogfellow. Thanks for the notice though musher0, and if I do get a notice to take it down, I have no problem taking it down even though it would be unfortunate. It's never the lastest version that they provide on wps-community.org - right now it's 4244 from them, then for windows it's 4480 for free version, and 4490 for professional version (maybe as long as they don't compile the latest versions, it doesn't breach any legalities?)

@keniv
You could try the lupusuper iso if you haven't done so already (precise kernel - 3.2.48 or above) and see if Kingsoft works on that, unless glibc and other libraries remain a constant throughout rerwin's builds (not an expert on glibc). There's nothing wrong with using Softmaker.

Last edited by nmlkngdm on Wed 08 Jan 2014, 18:00; edited 1 time in total
nmlkngdm

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014, 17:58    Post subject:

musher0 wrote:
I chanced upon a bug in KSO Spreadsheets. You cannot have the listing "- Automobile" in KSO Spreadsheets! It says the name is undefined...

Try using a single quote in front of "- Automobile" - e.g. type in '- Automobile (add that single quote in front, without it I believe Spreadsheets thinks you're using that cell for a formula or number)
musher0

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014, 18:07    Post subject:

nmlkngdm wrote:
musher0 wrote:
I chanced upon a bug in KSO Spreadsheets. You cannot have the listing "- Automobile" in KSO Spreadsheets! It says the name is undefined...

Try using a single quote in front of "- Automobile" - e.g. type in '- Automobile (add that single quote in front, without it I believe Spreadsheets thinks you're using that cell for a formula or number)

Your trick works, thanks. However, I had a whole listing with a dash in front of them and the "- Automobile" entry was the only one singled out. Strange.

musher0

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014, 18:10    Post subject:  

Also thanks, guys, for your input on the copyright issue.

@nmlkngdm: I hadn't thought that this is a "community" issue.
I guess we're in the clear because of that.

BFN.

musher0

PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014, 18:24    Post subject:  

@keniv:

FYI, Médor, from the French side of the forum, has had success loading KSO in Lucid 528.

He opened the sfs, included the libstdc++ library from Precise in it, and then redid the sfs
without the xz compression (which ups the weight of the sfs to ~95 Mb).

BFN.

musher0

nmlkngdm

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jan 2014, 18:34    Post subject:  

musher0 wrote:
@nmlkngdm: I hadn't thought that this is a "community" issue. I guess we're in the clear because of that.

I hope you're right.
musher0 wrote:
I had a whole listing with a dash in front of them and the "- Automobile" entry was the only one singled out. Strange.

Try different variations or if you're not too far into your file, try on a new spreadsheet.
' - Automobile (space in front of the hyphen/after the quote)
'-Automobile (no spaces)
musher0

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:59    Post subject:  

@nmlkngdm

Thanks for the text formatting tips.

BFN.

NickAu

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jan 2014, 01:57    Post subject:  

KingsoftOffice-9.1.0.4244~a12p3_i386.pet 202MB

Working on 5.7.1 Precise (fatty)
Installed to hdd

Thank You

makropo

PostPosted: Fri 07 Mar 2014, 06:23    Post subject:  

As a matter of interest, Kingsoft Writer shows Thai text formatted in a way which is very difficult to read. The software seems to break up clusters of letters randomly. Until this is fixed, it won't make much headway in this country. I tried both the full sfs and musher0's version with only western fonts and got the same result with both. I wonder if this happens with other non-western and non-Chinese texts.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
slavvo67

PostPosted: Fri 07 Mar 2014, 09:22    Post subject:  

It also does not do a true conversion of Word dox (i.e. spacing issues with fonts, etc.). It's a nice little product that I recommend on tablets. I still prefer ABI Word (must be 2.8.6) for Puppy (light and does the job).
musher0

PostPosted: Fri 07 Mar 2014, 18:55    Post subject:  

makropo wrote:
As a matter of interest, Kingsoft Writer shows Thai text formatted in a way which is very difficult to read. The software seems to break up clusters of letters randomly. Until this is fixed, it won't make much headway in this country. I tried both the full sfs and musher0's version with only western fonts and got the same result with both. I wonder if this happens with other non-western and non-Chinese texts.

On this subject of characters, I'll add that KingSoft does not allow typing French accented
characters.

slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 10 Apr 2014, 22:16    Post subject:  

To correct my previous post, after serious consideration about ABI Word, I find it has too many flaws for anything but light editing. See my other posts in the forum about the Delete Button issue. It's a major flaw! Kingsoft's not the one for serious everyday use, either.
zagreb999

PostPosted: Sat 19 Apr 2014, 11:33    Post subject: KSO-western, Problem insert number pages
Subject description: Kingsoft-Western- No insert number pages

Thank you very much for
Western Kingsoft O. It is great!
Much better than MS Office.

But it is impossible to insert
number of pages.
Can you resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings.
Page 3 of 3 [44 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Jump to: