Puppy-Linux-EmSee571.iso triple tested

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
stemsee

Puppy-Linux-EmSee571.iso triple tested

#1 Post by stemsee »

A most comprehensive master of all trades jack of none remaster with upgrades imports and compiled from source progs/libs

Check it out! Full Audio workstation, XBMC media centre, Office and DTP, Data recovery, Games, Wine 1.7.6 , QQ2013 messenger in chinese, skype, ultra reliable/persistent additional ramdisk and ramdisksave created in /mnt/home

ALERT ALERT this iso has been found to have a corrupted vmlinuz or initrd, however the main .sfs is good just copy it into a folder with vmlinuz and initrd from puppy_precise_5.7.1.iso (150mb download) or get the newly uploaded puppy-linux-emsee571.iso (now includes 128mb savefile).
# https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... sp=sharing# SORRY!

Here it is Triple tested on different machines.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... sp=sharing
Last edited by stemsee on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 00:11, edited 4 times in total.

cthisbear

#2 Post by cthisbear »

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZVm ... edit?pli=1

Size: 3 GB (2,713,065,472 bytes)

Chris.

stemsee

Thanks!

#3 Post by stemsee »

Chris

Thanks for the corrections!

All positive feedback welcome, negative feedback highly tolerated! Indifference totally disdained.

cthisbear

#4 Post by cthisbear »

" All positive feedback welcome, negative feedback highly tolerated! Indifference totally disdained. "

So you're onto me then mate.

Cheers....Chris

Puppus Dogfellow

#5 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee

That's great!

#6 Post by stemsee »

Thanks John for mirroring.

I am presently uploading an update (Puppy-Linux-EmSee-1st-Edition.iso) which includes a boot folder for a full install which contains kernel 3.13.2 with a speed boost - yes the full install on harddrive is faster than running in ram - I know - it doesn't make sense! Boot time is 14 seconds, now includes samba. Also updated scripts which import variables from the shutdown createsave script to ensure the ramdisk mount point and ramdisksave folders are in the install directory for frugal installs, or in the '/' partition fro full installs.

or those interested in experimentation - if you are running the new slacko-5.7.0 from 01micko you can install EmSee.sfs base sfs and not only will it work fine, but you will be able to install both .deb and .tgx aswell as .pet and .sfs ... I also cross-bred my EmSee-1st-Edition full install by installing wheezy.sfs pup on top and that works nicely too!

I managed to create an .img file using Pudd of my full install as a reliable backup. I also remastered from the full install - however this left the full install altered in such way that it was effectively unusable, probably permissions and ownerships changed. But the resulting .iso is fine.

The only thing is that QQ2013 graphics do not display correctly but you can use webQQ in a browser!

If anyone can tutor me on how to get xinput to list all input devices as it does on Lighthouse or any other linux that would be great! As I am creating a script that will configure pseudo-multi-seat setup on one machine with multiple mice/keyboards/monitors, without a nested server.

Puppus Dogfellow

Re: That's great!

#7 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee wrote:Thanks John for mirroring.

I am presently uploading an update (Puppy-Linux-EmSee-1st-Edition.iso) which includes a boot folder for a full install which contains kernel 3.13.2 with a speed boost - yes the full install on harddrive is faster than running in ram - I know - it doesn't make sense! Boot time is 14 seconds, now includes samba. Also updated scripts which import variables from the shutdown createsave script to ensure the ramdisk mount point and ramdisksave folders are in the install directory for frugal installs, or in the '/' partition fro full installs.

or those interested in experimentation - if you are running the new slacko-5.7.0 from 01micko you can install EmSee.sfs base sfs and not only will it work fine, but you will be able to install both .deb and .tgx aswell as .pet and .sfs ... I also cross-bred my EmSee-1st-Edition full install by installing wheezy.sfs pup on top and that works nicely too!

I managed to create an .img file using Pudd of my full install as a reliable backup. I also remastered from the full install - however this left the full install altered in such way that it was effectively unusable, probably permissions and ownerships changed. But the resulting .iso is fine.

The only thing is that QQ2013 graphics do not display correctly but you can use webQQ in a browser!

If anyone can tutor me on how to get xinput to list all input devices as it does on Lighthouse or any other linux that would be great! As I am creating a script that will configure pseudo-multi-seat setup on one machine with multiple mice/keyboards/monitors, without a nested server.
not john (or is chris john?) but did mirror. anyway, thanks for your efforts.

--darren (puppus and/or dogfellow also fine)

stemsee

Thanks Puppus dogfellow

#8 Post by stemsee »

Here is the update Puppy-Linux-EmSee-1st-Edition.iso

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GhZV ... edit?pli=1

fixed/added
K3d
Image Magick
Samba
XBMC 12.3
wine-1.7.12
linux-3.13.2 for full install

A few important bug fixes/improvements which prevented burning software from functioning correctly due to duplicates in the system.
Last edited by stemsee on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

ally

#9 Post by ally »

mirrored here: http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_ ... inux-EmSee

will not be as quick as the google drive link above though!

:)

stemsee

Ally

#10 Post by stemsee »

Hi Ally

The version you link to is the previous (beta) version. This one is the final release candidate. Hence the name change Puppy-Linux-EmSee-1st-Edition.iso

Mirror this one and discontinue the previous ones as I will delete that iso in a couple of weeks. Thanks

Has anyone tried it? A review would be appreciated.

ally

#11 Post by ally »

Puppus Dogfellow

#12 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee, can this be installed with the f2fs-usb installer?

stemsee

f2fs usb installer

#13 Post by stemsee »

sorry pupusdogfellow I haven't tried that! Let me know how you get on!