Abiword printing bug.

Please post any bugs you have found
Ian
Official Dog Handler

Abiword printing bug.

#1 Post by Ian »

I have the same old printing problem with Abiword that occured with Puppy 1.0.0 or before.
When printing from Abiword using the Normal or Web View the printing starts partway down the page, if I use Printer View the printing does not appear unless you move it down the page a few spaces.

Textmaker prints with no problems.

SimonM

Abiword not playing properly.

#2 Post by SimonM »

I started out on Puppy 1.0.3 and found Abiword displacing upwards. I read on the news pages (14th June 05) that this had been sorted in Puppy 1.0.4 So a completely fresh start was made with 1.0.4 However Abiword is still displacing upwards and I am lost... I should say that Leafpad prints out very nicely. GSview of the Abiword PS file shows all to be well. I am relatively new to Linux and I dont want to start tinkering blindly. Any ideas anyone?? BTW Puppy is very nice and runs handsomely on my old K6 400 Mhz with 512 MB RAM.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

I may have to upgrade Abiword to their 2.4 version, which is not yet released. The upward displacement is a known bug for about a year, not fixed, and I got a response from one developer that he is only working on the 2.4 version.

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Ian »

Thanks Barry, this is not a big problem for me but when they get it fixed it will make Abiword more usable.