How to install to USB flash with "acpi=off" boot o

Booting, installing, newbie
don

How to install to USB flash with "acpi=off" boot o

#1 Post by don »

Puppy Live v 2.11 boots fine for me with the acpi=off option, but otherwise hangs when the boot process reaches "puppyserialdetect running" appears. I could live with this, but would like to install Puppy to a 1 GB flash memory stick. The install seems to go OK, but there are no boot options offered, so no opportunity to boot with the "acpi=off" option, and the boot from the memory stick hangs again at the same place. When booting with the "acpi=off" option when the boot process reaches "puppyserialdetect running " the numbers 1 andd 2 follow and the boot process continues without any problems.

Is there some way to make Puppy installed in the memory stick (or to any other HD) boot with with the "acpi=off" option? Or to incorporate it in the Live boot, then re-master the CD?

My system is a P4, Intel, Gateway with a FPD1975W TFT LCD Monitor, widescreen 1440x900 resolution. The memory stick is a Kingston Traveler, 1 GB.

prokrypt

#2 Post by prokrypt »

In the root of your flash drive there should be a text file (isolinux.*, syslinux.*, or similar.. maybe isolinux.cfg?) that has the boot config. I have no idea on the syntax though, but it wouldn't hurt to experiment (and learn) =]