Easy Customize Seamonkey to Firefox

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
mikeslr

Easy Customize Seamonkey to Firefox

#1 Post by mikeslr »

Hi all,

Seamonkey is often the browser builtin to a Pup. Personally, I'm an opera-guy, but also install firefox for its addons. But I've found a use for Seamonkey. When searching the web I'll often use firefox with its addons for no-script and other addon protection running: never know where clicking a search link will take me. That often means that having reached a website I have to selectively "allow scripts" to make any use of it. But if I'm going to a website I trust, I'll use Seamonkey in which I haven't installed protection addons.
Two annoyances I found with Seamonkey were (1) adding a tab wasn't as easy as in firefox where I could just click the "add tab" icon; and (2) clicking "add a bookmark" did so immediately, giving me no opportunity to organize where it would be, and requiring that I click "manage bookmarks", locate the new bookmarked site and move it to where I could easily find it again.

Fortunately, I've just discovered an addon called "Sea Fox 0.2.2" which customizes Seamonkey to provide an interface like Firefox 3. Among its customizations are two which eliminate the above annoyances.

This addon may be hard to find. Just tried on a different computer and got nothing. I had to resort to the original way I stumbled across it: typed "bookmarks" in the addon search box and kept scrolling down. Be sure your in Seamonkey addons. Seamonkey opened to firefox addons first. Very odd. The Seamonkey crew could use some organization.

mikesLr
Attachments
Sea Fox 0.2.2.png
Addon to make Seamonkey more like firefox
(73.2 KiB) Downloaded 579 times

Moat

Re: Easy Customize Seamonkey to Firefox

#2 Post by Moat »

mikeslr wrote:That often means that having reached a website I have to selectively "allow scripts" to make any use of it.
Hi Mike - FWIW, in Firefox, enabling/disabling scripts can be as easy as a single toolbar-button click, using the QuickJava addon - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... quickjava/

Bob