Darktable 1.0.3 for Lucid Puppy 5.2!

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
PupGeek

Darktable 1.0.3 for Lucid Puppy 5.2!

#1 Post by PupGeek »

If you are into photography and are looking for a great free raw editor similar to Adobe Lightroom, you're in luck. Darktable 1.0.3 is here! I have been using earlier versions of this software for a few months in Ubuntu and have gotten impressive results with it -- even in heavily edited scanned jpegs. Of course, good results take a bit of practice, but I've been able to apply overall effects and corrections directly and non-destructively to raw images while reserving GIMP for work with paint tools, layers and masks. I have now packaged it as one of my hassle-free roxapps for LucidPup 5.2. Like my other roxapps, it includes all dependencies and runs successfully in a stock LucidPup session.

You can get it here at:
http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/PupGee ... app.tar.gz

vovchik

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear PupGeek,

It works well in my Lucid 5.25. I changed one thing, however. In the dir /root/.config/darktable, I symlinked my .gtkrc-2.0 and renamed the link darttable.gtkrc and also symlinked .gtkrc.mine. This way I don't have to look at that black style with small fonts. It takes my gtk default, which is fine.

Many thanks.

With kind regards,
vovchik

PupGeek

#3 Post by PupGeek »

I never thought of applying the default gtk theme to darktable, as I'm quite satisfied with its original appearance. Still, it is nice to know that I can do that if I want to. I'm glad to find that it works well for you. I discovered darktable a few months ago and while there was a bit of a learning curve (specifically the export from lighttable feature), I have been enjoying the superb results I have gotten from it. For extremely large images (like 40+ megapixel panoramas for example), however, a large amount of RAM is required for darktable to export it -- even though you can still modify it. It seems that darktable is most comfortable running with at least 4 GB RAM on a 64-bit system, though it works ok on 32-bit with only 1 GB RAM. I'll just leave the large panoramas to RawTherapee for now, I guess

gychang

Re: Darktable 1.0.3 for Lucid Puppy 5.2!

#4 Post by gychang »

PupGeek wrote: You can get it here at:
http://dotpups.de/puppy4/dotpups/PupGee ... app.tar.gz
thanks, works well in 5.7.1 Precise, any possibility on the same way to package the latest stable release?

jplt

#5 Post by jplt »

Hi all,

i willl be intesrested with the latest version too.

eduardo

Darktable

#6 Post by eduardo »

Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance. Mi Linux knowledge is limited. Once Darktable is downloaded what do I have to do to install it?

Thanks,

musher0

Re: Darktable

#7 Post by musher0 »

eduardo wrote:Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance. Mi Linux knowledge is limited. Once Darktable is downloaded what do I have to do to install it?

Thanks,
More info about RoxApps here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 406#370406

But I tried and this one does not work, even after unsquashing it where it is supposed
to go...
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

eduardo

Darktable

#8 Post by eduardo »

Thank you very much for the info. I need a Lightroom equivalent for Linux and apparently Darktable is very good. There's an old version (0.93) available for Puppy but I need a more recent version.

Pelo

Triron 5.7.1 (precise) had latest Darktable installed

#9 Post by Pelo »

Triron 5.7.1 (precise) had latest Darktable installed
Triton 5.7.2.
Try it and advise if Darktable please you.
Attachments
Tarhpup.jpg
Darktable for Lucid ? Not only. Tahrpup is happy with Darktable 1.0.3. Not a bug running that wonderful application.
(71.27 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Try it with newest Puppies

#10 Post by Pelo »

Try it with newest Puppies (tarhpup 5.8.3 here above). version Lucid is so easy to use : just click the icon in your rox-filer !
What can i do with it ? My first steps failed. I have to study a little bit the Darktable manual.
Attachments
Darktable.jpg
Once Darktable installed, begins the artwork, not easy at all !
(40.26 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 01 Jan 2016, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

New version of Darktable 2.0

#11 Post by Pelo »

Darktable run my Molinux university precise 5.7.1 (old Molinux 4.3.1 by students in Spane remasterize Precise 5.7.1
New version 1.6.9 of Darktable included in 2015 Puppy here
Fotopup : "This live CD is a remaster of a version of a community-based version of Puppy Linux- Tahrpup64 that I've named Fotopup. Use the link to save the fotopup.iso file to your computer and burn this file as an image to CD or DVD or even to a USB stick. You can now use this to boot your PC/laptop. When it has booted through to the desktop, you'll find the photo items in the graphics section of the start menu button. "
version 2.0 explained by robert Hutton, well i dont'understand what he says in this video, because my english level is too raw !
"Robert, I just discovered your Darktable videos and I love them. I only watched 2 so far (and about to watch this one^^), but learned a whole lot of little bits and bobs that I didn't know about the program - even though I've been using it for years! Thanks so much for doing these casts. Genuinely helpful, and inspiring!"