Fatdog64-630 & 631 Final (May 12 2014)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Billtoo

#141 Post by Billtoo »

kirk wrote:
For some reason Catalyst by default is 15% reduced, at least on HDMI. To fix that open amdcccle (It's in the menu) and then click on Display Manager and then on DTV(x). Then click on the adjustment tab and use the slider to select 0 %.
That worked, thanks.
And thanks for the ati pets, legacy and hd5000+, they sure do add to Fatdog64.

ss7box

Vostro 1000 WLAN not working

#142 Post by ss7box »

Booted from CD. Seems to work with one major exception. There's no Wireless LAN connection. ifconfig shows no IP addr for wlan0. I saw a DHCP attempt in the startup logs.

Writing this from Mint 12 - point being that Vostro 1000 and Linux works.

Reason I choose Fatdog is that another user reported on this forum that his Vostro 1000 worked with Fatdog.

Was hoping Fatdog would just work.

05:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01)
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX (rev 02)

CatDude

Re: Checkers for FATDOG

#143 Post by CatDude »

Hi
gcmartin wrote:Anyone seen a Checker game around anywhere. There is one built-in to Lighthouse, but not sure how to extract and package as a PET.

Thanks in advance for any guidance
Here you go, it's the same one as that in LHP, but was compiled in FD630

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

Gobbi

#144 Post by Gobbi »

Installed xorg-server-1.12.4.pet then rebooted . Installed the last ati-catalyst-13.12-HD5-and-up-fd64-630.pet , and after rebooting everything OK :!:
The sound over HDMI it's working fine, and I also could increase the resolution to 1080p on my LG TV .
Thank's again for finding a solution for AMD driver . :D

Ted Dog

#145 Post by Ted Dog »

How hard is the checkers game? I hate chess as I want a time wasting something that I can due while my machine is doing some data crunching. I feel my machine is wasting its time if not active.. Surely it gets board waiting for me to move a mouse or scroll a window.
Does anyone even play those games that come with Fatdog64...

Ted Dog

#146 Post by Ted Dog »

CatDude wrote:Hi
Ted Dog wrote:...I do not know.. I think its in smokies host. Under 64bit could be lighthouse extras.

is version 1.4 where the common 32bit version is still version 1.3
Possibly this one: http://www.smokey01.com/software/Fatdog ... ns-1.4.pet

CatDude
That looks like the correct link thanks..

gcmartin

#147 Post by gcmartin »

Ted Dog wrote:How hard is the checkers game? I hate chess as I want a time wasting something that I can due while my machine is doing some data crunching. I feel my machine is wasting its time if not active.. Surely it gets board waiting for me to move a mouse or scroll a window.
Most Chess players cannot keep up in Checkers. Game was prevalent in first 65 years of the 20th Century in Western Hemisphere among low-middle class. There used to be Checker clubs and contest in many cities as well. Many upper class elites would not compete/play.

If you're new, you may be weeks trying to win, maybe months, maybe never.

Fascinating strategy game

chapchap70

#148 Post by chapchap70 »

Ted Dog wrote:How hard is the checkers game? I hate chess as I want a time wasting something that I can due while my machine is doing some data crunching. I feel my machine is wasting its time if not active.. Surely it gets board waiting for me to move a mouse or scroll a window.

I don't play the games that come with Fatdog. I play backgammon. (gnubg) I believe I downloaded it from the gnubg site and compiled it myself. I did something wrong and it only works on my system if I type "gnubg" in a terminal. It wasn't important enough for me to see what I did wrong in order to fix it.

Ted Dog

#149 Post by Ted Dog »

James Bond could you post the link for running 32bit iso side by side here.. you did on the ARM thread.. Also the script http://jamesbond3142.no-ip.org/wiki/mai ... -slacko.sh as a compressed gz or zip or anything not a txt.. I can't save as under Android so it needs to be in a package format.
Otherwise I am just viewing txt... and nothing more... Nice script by the way..

Ted Dog

#150 Post by Ted Dog »

Oh and I found if you are running dual mode DISPLAY=0.1 OR 0.2 WORKS and you can run the windows manager for 32bit distro and not need the extra zephyr program.

Also could the same idea run Quirky6 In the package form its given for download by BK?
Would be very helpful for me not to have to install that each time..

Billtoo

Fatdog64-630 Final (February 11 2014)

#151 Post by Billtoo »

I've been trying out the latest Qupzilla snapshot (1.6.3) and it's
working pretty well.
Attempted upload the the contrib repository failed, problem with
Captcha (whatever that is)
Attachments
qupzilla.jpg
(36.99 KiB) Downloaded 781 times

DrDeaf

#152 Post by DrDeaf »

I use the googletalk plugin sometimes and previous FD64 versions (seamonkey browser) have worked with the 64 bit deb package.

FD630 has firefox and the plugin breaks it completely. Firefox will not start.

I don't have any suggestion about why but it would be helpful to make it work if possible.

prehistoric

Re: Fatdog64-630 Final (February 11 2014)

#153 Post by prehistoric »

Billtoo wrote:...
Attempted upload the the contrib repository failed, problem with
Captcha (whatever that is)
CAPTCHA.

kpfuser

#154 Post by kpfuser »

I am new to fatdog64-630. In fact I have only tried the live cd so far. Because I intend to run fatdog as a live cd only, I need to familiarize myself with its remastering process. In the past, I have remastered and run as live cds several versions of NOP but it appears that the remastering method for fatdog is different than the one for NOP variants. So far Ted Dog has been very helpful by giving me a lot of useful info on how to go about it. However, since this would be the first attempt at remastering fatdog, I need to clarify a few thing first. The first of these is the following: Once I begin the remastering process, can I abort it without running into problems? If I remember correctly, this is not the case with remastering NOPs (once you start, you must finish). Is it the same with remastering fatdog?

gcmartin

#155 Post by gcmartin »

Hi @DrDeaf

You may want to install SeaMonkey to your setup from the FATDOG Package Manager. Or, another option, too, is Chrome.

Hope this helps

gcmartin

#156 Post by gcmartin »

Hi @KPFuser

This post does NOT answer your question directly. But, instead, offers an options where Remaster is NOT needed.

If you intend to run via DVD (this is the ONLY way FATDOG620+ is supported). you can allow the system to save-session to the DVD at shutdown. In my years of using FATDOG via DVD, I have NEVER run out of space in my use. So, Remaster has not been needed as my total FATDOG experience, year to year, is via the same DVD. (BTW, I have run into several problems in my personal use of remaster, as changes to certain libraries operating in the running system are NOT replicated in the Remaster, causing a hit-or-miss effort in replication of the running system).

Hope this helps

jamesbond

#157 Post by jamesbond »

ss7box wrote:05:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01)
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX (rev 02)
Did you try to enable broadcom-wl service from the Control Panel --> Service Manager?
Ted Dog wrote:James Bond could you post the link for running 32bit iso side by side here.
It's here.
Ted Dog wrote:I can't save as under Android so it needs to be in a package format.
Why do you want do download it to Android? Anyway, done. Just add ".gz" to the URL.
Also could the same idea run Quirky6 In the package form its given for download by BK?
Indeed. Remember my teaser picture here? It was done with Fatdog64 with no need for unsquashing the SFS file.
DrDeaf wrote:I use the googletalk plugin sometimes and previous FD64 versions (seamonkey browser) have worked with the 64 bit deb package.

FD630 has firefox and the plugin breaks it completely. Firefox will not start.

I don't have any suggestion about why but it would be helpful to make it work if possible.
Just tried to install it in a pristine 630, and it works, but apparently the install script doesn't work properly.
I need to remove that DEB-compatible install script.

Here's how to get it up and running. Download the plugin, choose 64-bit deb. Save it. DO NOT run from from the browser.
When finished downloading, DO NOT CLICK on the file. Instead, open the terminal containing the .deb files, and we will expand it manually.
From terminal:
1. undeb google-talk-plugin-amd64.deb
2. mv opt/google /opt
3. mv usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/* /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
Restart browser. When I have time I will prepare a pet package that does all of this.

Btw 630 comes with *both* seamonkey and firefox. You can start seamonkey by typing "seamonkey" or "seamonkey-spot" on the usual Alt-F2 run dialog; or from terminal.
The first of these is the following: Once I begin the remastering process, can I abort it without running into problems?
Didn't try to do that myself; but if your question is "will it break the running system" then the answer is "no". At worst it will leave some temporary files which will be wiped out the next time you reboot.

EDIT: typo.
Last edited by jamesbond on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 07:32, edited 2 times in total.
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

Ted Dog

#158 Post by Ted Dog »

android phone required a data plan so I use it to download linux stuff and save trips into town for internet. Can download package formats fine but text just displays in browser without option to save to memory.. Im cheap sorry fixed gov income.
Second suprised my most common 64bit machine and newest one has vm abilities turned off in hardware firmware. I did not know it could be removed so it was a shocked.
Could not do that as you discribed using VB.

jamesbond

#159 Post by jamesbond »

Ted Dog wrote:android phone required a data plan so I use it to download linux stuff and save trips into town for internet. Can download package formats fine but text just displays in browser without option to save to memory.. Im cheap sorry fixed gov income.
No that's not an excuse :lol: I recently had to get my internet through GPRS as well through android phone; so what I did was I enabled "portable hotspot" and let the phone work as a router. All my usual access is from the laptop. Worked quite well and sometimes the speed is faster than my regular internet (!), what was killing me is the low data quota ... :oops:
Second suprised my most common 64bit machine and newest one has vm abilities turned off in hardware firmware. I did not know it could be removed so it was a shocked.
I think it has been a while. If you have access to BIOS you can usually enable them.
Could not do that as you discribed using VB.
I thought VB can run even without hardware VM capabilities? It has been a while since I tested that, though.
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

Ted Dog

#160 Post by Ted Dog »

yes you can easily upgrade phone plan to gain hotspot and wired tethering for an additional 20 bucks a month. America will charge you extra any way they can. even if the remove the built in methods and then charge you to turn them on..