Netbook battery does not charge

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
sneaksandshades

Netbook battery does not charge

#1 Post by sneaksandshades »

Hello all, I recently installed Slacko Puppy linux on my toshiba nb250 netbook as it was really slow and I wanted to expirement with Puppy Linux. After playing around with it from the flash drive I installed it to the HDD of the computer. I wiped the HDD of the previously installed ubuntu. So now all that is on the computer is puppy linux.

I shut the machine down and did not use it for a while, untill today when I discovered that the battery was draining even though the charger was plugged in.

I checked the connect at all possible points from the computer to the wall outlet and everything was solid there, so I switched outlets 2 or 3 times to no avail. I rebooted a few times, tried to remove the battery, nothing has helped so far. It is like the computer does not recognize that it is being charged??

I'm not quite sure what to do and after searching I can not find anyone with a similiar problem. The battery has become quite low from my attempts to fix (10%) so I shut it down. So can you offer an advice/help? Thanks!

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

Does the netbook have any kind of LED to indicate when it is charging? If so, does it ever light up or change colour at all?

01micko

#3 Post by 01micko »

It should charge when powered down, regardless of the operating system.

Make sure your charger works; a simple multimeter or even a test lamp will verify that.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access