Samsung N110 cursor freeze on Slacko56 npae USB boot

Please post any bugs you have found
r__hughes

Samsung N110 cursor freeze on Slacko56 npae USB boot

#1 Post by r__hughes »

Just got round to trying my Slacko56 npae bootable thumbdrive on a Samsung N110 netbook. Everything looked ok until the drive icons were painted and then the cursor froze.

A plugged in mouse worked ok so I checked the Menu/Desktop/Flsynclient Touchpad config and set the Touchpad mode to 'Tap Off' - the touchpad cursor came back to life!

This is not so much a bug as a hardware incompatibility with a default setup. Hope this helps anyone else with the same symptom :)
--- quad booting Slacko57NPAE, Slacko56NPAE, Slacko55PAE (with OO4, devx, Gimp) & WXP on DELL Dimension 2400 PC & DELL Latitude 630 Laptop using grub.
---USB-Flash booting same on Samsung N110 WXP Netbook and Lenovo q100 WXP netPC.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Was this a clean fresh boot, not using a previous save file?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

r__hughes

#3 Post by r__hughes »

Hi bigpup, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I have finally checked the history of the Slacko56 npae thumbdrive - it was created on a Dell D630 laptop and the pupsave file came from a DELL Dimension 2400 PC. Its definitely a mongrel yet it all worked except for the freeze due to the FlSynclient setting.

I booted it up with the pfix=ram option and it came up 100% OK, the FlSynclient was correctly initialized to 'Touchpad ON' and a double-tap acted like a left-mousebutton just like it should.

So this is NOT a bug - just a slight case of mongrel puppy hi-jinx.
--- quad booting Slacko57NPAE, Slacko56NPAE, Slacko55PAE (with OO4, devx, Gimp) & WXP on DELL Dimension 2400 PC & DELL Latitude 630 Laptop using grub.
---USB-Flash booting same on Samsung N110 WXP Netbook and Lenovo q100 WXP netPC.