Major advance in Bluray multisession effort.

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Ted Dog

#61 Post by Ted Dog »

jamesbond wrote:
Ted Dog wrote:Came across how to feed a cdrecord burn stream to a remote burner.
Interesting :D Care to share? :D Are you using netcat or something?
code has ssh wrapper at I saw set up a pipe then send it to ssh with a command string to run on remote computer that calls another cdrecord to finish.
Have not even tried yet networking setup has always been my main weekness I read up on it and just follow someones example.

rcrsn51

#62 Post by rcrsn51 »

jamesbond wrote:
Ted Dog wrote:Came across how to feed a cdrecord burn stream to a remote burner.
I tried this using netcat and it works!

On the receiving machine (the one with the burner) run

Code: Select all

nc -l -p 1234 | growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=/dev/stdin
On the sending machine (the one with the data) run

mkisofs [options] source_folder |  nc -w 1 aaa.bbb.cc.dd 1234
where aaa.bbb.cc.dd is the IP address of the receiving machine.

Ted Dog

#63 Post by Ted Dog »

lol, that remote burn development was fast. That saves some money wonder how we can send a multisession after first burn.

gcmartin

#64 Post by gcmartin »

rcrsn51 wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
I tried this using netcat and it works!

On the receiving machine (the one with the burner) run

nc -l -p 1234 | growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=/dev/stdin
On the sending machine (the one with the data) run

mkisofs [options] source_folder |  nc -w 1 aaa.bbb.cc.dd 1234
where aaa.bbb.cc.dd is the IP address of the receiving machine.
Very interesting approach as it sets the Bluray PC for receiving its data via sysin, while having the non-Bluray PC to "drive" the data. Netcat becomes the LAN subsystem active on both PCs which is the data carrier between each.
Ted Dog wrote: ... wonder how we can send a multisession after first burn.
I think you use

growisfs -M ....
Very clever!!! Thanks @Rcrsn51

rcrsn51

#65 Post by rcrsn51 »

Ted Dog wrote: wonder how we can send a multisession after first burn.
I don't think that it's possible using the netcat procedure. But here is an alternative.

1. Start a Samba server on the sending machine. The shared folder should contain the target data or a symlink to it.

2. Run a Samba client on the receiving machine and open the share.

3. Burn the data as usual.

zigbert

#66 Post by zigbert »

I am looking at a new pBurn with isolevel 1/3/4.
I have decided to replace as little as possible. pBurn is well tested, and I don't want another 2 years with confused users.

Building the commands for the different isolevels, I came to one quest. pBurn today requires rockridge to be turned on to activate the -D switch. The next generation of pBurn has no specific option the set rockridge as it will be set for all isolevels. Are there any known issues by using the -D switch in combination with isolevel 1 ar 3?

Thank you
Sigmund

Ted Dog

#67 Post by Ted Dog »

-D deep directory support.

No issue with ISO level greater than 1, will effect VERY old drivers trying to read ISO-level 1, but not newer than say 2004. If drivers can function with ISO level 2 then code is in place to support this, even if written as ISO 1

My view is the problems caused by lack of deep directory support, would exceed problems caused by using deep directory support in all versions of ISO levels.
Are you checking for directory inside of directories over 3 levels deep? If not we need -D flag. :wink:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#68 Post by Flash »

For what it might be worth, my audio book library is 3 directories deep: /mp3_books/author/book. Or is that technically 4 directories? As far as I know, books only contain mp3 files. I can't think of any that contain a directory.

zigbert

#69 Post by zigbert »

-D

Ok, I have added -D switch to both isolevel 3/4. I think I leave isolevel 1 without - as an alternative.

Thank you Ted Dog
Sigmund

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#70 Post by Flash »

Sigmund, if I boot Fatdog 620 into RAM and then install your Pburn 4.1 .pet, should Pburn 4.1 be able to burn a 21 GB file onto a BD-RE disk? Pburn 4.1 in Precise 5.7.1 wouldn't burn the file. :(

Ted Dog

#71 Post by Ted Dog »

The cdrtools in 32 bit land is very dated, that is why it does not work. FD620 works fine, 621 works better ( cd drive reload issue solved in 621) if you want bootable and checksummed scripts good for 23.4Gs Blu ray reply back and Ill post them Friday.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#72 Post by Flash »

Please do! :D
I tried installing Pburn 4.1 in Fatdog64-620 but no joy. Pburn 4.1 tries to start, but stalls out after the first setup window, the one where you tell it where to put the buffer. After tha, it just shows the Pburn 4.1 window and goes no further. Same result when I enter "pburn" in a console. :(

gcmartin

#73 Post by gcmartin »

Did PBurn4.1 have dependency items required that might not be present in FATDOG620/LightHouse602?

Ted Dog

#74 Post by Ted Dog »

Scripts.

./bluburn

------
#!/bin/sh
#growisofs -use-the-force-luke=notray  -Z /dev/sr0  -f -iso-level 4 -D -R  -V \"BluFatDog620\" -p root -publisher \"Ted_Dog\"  -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table ./
cd srs
growisofs -use-the-force-luke=notray  -Z /dev/sr0  -iso-level 4 -D -R -b isolinux.bin -c boot.catalog -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table ./
eject /dev/sr0
-----

MD5 construction script called zmd (place in same high level directory as boot files)

zmd

#!/bin/sh
cd srs
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum | grep -v "\./md5sum.txt" |grep -v "\./isolinux.bin"|grep -v "\./zmd"> md5sum.txt
rm zmd

CAUTION zmd is self deleting, no need to have it in resulting burnt disc. SAVE a copy.

The isolinux.bin file CHANGES for each different bluray, get a fresh copy from /usr/share/syslinux if you are going to copy from an existing iso file or burnt DVD. That is why its NOT added to md5sum list, its going to change!

to check burnt disc, open disc, open terminal from disc (I use ~ shortcut ) and type

md5sum -c md5sum.txt
All OK's its good!

Ted Dog

Fatdog64 630 fixed 8G boundaries issue

#75 Post by Ted Dog »

Unexpectedly fixed the problem with multisession past the 8G mark was discovered in v 630... So full BluRay multisession disks are now doable without size limits to size of media... currently my last test disc is at 23.3G and should error out at 23.54G at true limits unless overburn is allowed like some DVDs... wonder how long it could over write.... :D