Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 01 Sep 2014, 15:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Gogglesmm-0.12.7-i686 Compiled in Precise 5.6.1
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
scabz

PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar 2014, 14:45    Post subject:  Gogglesmm-0.12.7-i686 Compiled in Precise 5.6.1
Subject description: Music Player and Manger

Gogglesmm Website http://gogglesmm.github.io/
googlesmm is a great music manager and player for low powered computers,works great on my eeepc. Super fast and light weight.

gogglesmm-0.12.7-1-i686.pet Download (Compiled with static fox-1.6.49-i686 so it is not needed anymore) known issue the tray icon does not work in JWM but works in other window managers, so if needed use other window manager or do not enable tray icon for JWM

Required dependences (you may need other libs for your version of Puppy,this was compiled in 5.6.1)

xine-lib-1.2.4-i686.pet Download

If you want DEV,DOC or NLS pets they are all in my repo. Everyting needed to compile is also in my repo
Link to my repo https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cc4nimp92ba71/Precise_5.6.1

Last edited by scabz on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 00:54; edited 1 time in total
gogglesguy

PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar 2014, 16:02    Post subject:  

Have you tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1? I'm curious how it performs compared to 0.12.x on your system since it no longer uses xine.
scabz

PostPosted: Tue 25 Mar 2014, 16:12    Post subject:  

Quote:
Have you tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1? I'm curious how it performs compared to 0.12.x on your system since it no longer uses xine.

Nope i haven't tried building gogglesmm-0.13.1 , i will try later when i can and report back.
scabz

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 00:34    Post subject:  

I just compiled gogglesmm-0.13.1 with static fox-1.7.46 , static taglib-1.9 and
static glew-1.9.0 I had no problems compiling it mostly went smooth besides i had to link some header files and of course the pain of static fox and such.

performance wise seems to be just as fast if not faster then 0.12.x, i like the fact that 0.13.1 has its own icons. Puppy doesnt come stock with the icons that 0.12.x needed. Its great that it doesnt need xinelib anymore but Would be nice to have wma support. i hate the fact that i still have some music in wma format from my old windows days.

0.13.1 still has the same issue with the tray icon in jwm.

Overall a great app easy to use and fast!!! Very Happy
gogglesguy

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 09:57    Post subject:  

scabz wrote:

0.13.1 still has the same issue with the tray icon in jwm.

I tried jwm 2.2 yesterday on my regular machine and the tray icon seems to work fine for me. So I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
gogglesguy

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:18    Post subject:  

scabz wrote:
Its great that it doesnt need xinelib anymore but Would be nice to have wma support. i hate the fact that i still have some music in wma format from my old windows days.

WMA support may come at some point, once I've integrated ffmpeg. It doesn't have a high priority, patches are accepted though Smile
666philb

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:20    Post subject:  

scabz wrote:
static glew-1.9.0 I had no problems compiling it mostly went smooth besides i had to link some header files and of course the pain of static fox and such.

hi scabz' any chance of a pet?

gogglesguy

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:14    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
scabz wrote:

hi scabz' any chance of a pet?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=92815
666philb

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:51    Post subject:  

cheers gogglesguy...... gogglesmm is a lovely audio player/manager, a few things though.....

shame that the jwm tray icon hasn't been fixed ..... (or rather made to work on puppy Smile )

also for instance .... in deadbeef i can right click on a folder in rox and send it to deadbeef and it plays .... in gogglesmm i get

Code:
no input plugin available for /mnt/sda1/blah/blah/blah

is there a way to pass files to gogglesmm without using it's own importer?

thanks

gogglesguy

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 13:26    Post subject:  

666philb wrote:
cheers gogglesguy...... gogglesmm is a lovely audio player/manager, a few things though.....

shame that the jwm tray icon hasn't been fixed ..... (or rather made to work on puppy Smile )

also for instance .... in deadbeef i can right click on a folder in rox and send it to deadbeef and it plays .... in gogglesmm i get

Code:
no input plugin available for /mnt/sda1/blah/blah/blah

is there a way to pass files to gogglesmm without using it's own importer?

You can play files without importing through the "File System" source.

So perhaps if you open gogglesmm with a folder it could open the File System source. Or not... it all depends on what you expect from a library-based-music player. May be it should open the import dialog with the given folder.

Perhaps you should be able to drag-n-drop a folder onto the File System source which will then nagivate to such folder.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: