Libre Office 4.2.0.4

Please post any bugs you have found
slavvo67

Libre Office 4.2.0.4

#1 Post by slavvo67 »

Just reporting in that I just crashed Libre Writer 4.2.0.4 for the first time. Scary, as it felt like I was using ABI Word all over again. I had two Writer files opened, copying excerpts from one file to the other. All of a sudden, they both disappear. The recovery didn't quite work with the edits I had so just a public service message on this one.... This was very bad as I was preparing documents under time constraints for a state filing.

The second time around worked properly without any crashes but it was a big disappointment as I thought Libre was the stable option for Puppy. It was on my newer Dell, running the very stable Fluxpup so I'm not sure what happened.

Libre lost a few points in my rankings on this one....

Puppus Dogfellow

#2 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

4204? 4242 is the current, but...ask the libreoffice people?

since i'm here, i may as well mention a bug. it freaked me out and i haven't tried to recreate it--i just work around it. anyway, back in the late 3 series, i switched to a document (using the windows menu in LO itself) on a different workspace and the thing crashed. since then i stick the LO documents to all workspaces at startup. this isn't much help to you, i suppose. anyway, once you copy something, doesn't it wind up on your clipboard?

in college and using ms word, i lost a 25 page paper done three days before the deadline. i was pretty much doing it off the top of my head (paper on James Joyce) and i lost the thing at about page 23. ever since then, if i'm working on something and it's beginning to get into minutes of work rather than seconds, cntrl+a, cntrl+c. with linux that's even more useful because of the clipboard aspect.

again, not much help, but libreoffice is bigger by itself than puppy is--maybe you should go there and be our representative. :lol:

(and sorry for your loss).

slavvo67

#3 Post by slavvo67 »

I would be honored! Off to Libre I go! Wish me luck! 8)

Puppus Dogfellow

#4 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

slavvo67 wrote:I would be honored! Off to Libre I go! Wish me luck! 8)
no problem. good luck.

:lol: