Is there a way to batch-change a picture format?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
rcrsn51

#21 Post by rcrsn51 »

Semme wrote:I was speaking of the cli app, convert2gif. MAAG doesn't fly either.
I tested both in lupu 528 and they worked correctly. Simply saying "they didn't fly" is of no help to me. You need to provide specific details.
I've searched both personal and system.. A test report would end up where?
??????

Semme

#22 Post by Semme »

>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

rcrsn51

#23 Post by rcrsn51 »

sunburnt wrote:Hi gcmartin; Vovchik made a nice cli utility: picscale
I tested picscale and GIF is not a valid output format, which I suspect is the main objective of this thread.

gcmartin

#24 Post by gcmartin »

Yes. Converting JPEGs/PNGs to GIF is the need for Animation.

BTW, for those who may NOT have noticed.

@Rcrsn51 has started a new Puppy utility (and thread) to address this need with a GUI. New tool is here.
@SFR has updated his Puppy Screen Capture utility to save in Animation GIFs for our use. Latest tool is updated here.

Please test to provide them feedback. Animation as a feature is becoming a reasonable manner to provide understanding, in a glance, with our postings on the forum.

We can hope that Animation of this type becomes mainstream in PUPs via WOOF-CE allowing members to create feedback to the forum in what they see in any PUP's desktop.

Thanks for these 2 threads.

vicmz

batch image processing

#25 Post by vicmz »

The topic here seems to be how to make gifs. The title says general batch picture conversion, so just in case anyone is looking for that, the best choice would be XnConvert.

http://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]