Please post any bugs you have found
Mechsus

Puppy's clock refuses to keep time

#1 Post by Mechsus »

I installed Puppy 1.0.4 to a whitebox:

Athlon XP
512 RAM
40GB HD

Previously it had Ubuntu 5.04 on the HD.

I loaded MS DOS 6.22 (which formats the HD on install), then went through the Puppy install.

The problem now, is my time-icon in LR corner, reads wrong. I keep resetting it to my time zone & resetting the clock, but after a while, the clock reverts to an incorrect time.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

there is a solution to this that guest2 kindly provided for me - not sure if it was on previous forum - might be quicker to wear a watch

Anyone remeber the location?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Searched on 'clock' and 'GuestToo' in forum search, found this

Mechsus

#4 Post by Mechsus »

The original subject title for this post was

Flash
Official Dog Handler

I confess, Lobster did it :)

#5 Post by Flash »

I do, mostly to make it easier for the experts to quickly scan through the forum looking for a post they can answer, and therefore more likely that people who are looking for help will get it, but also to make the forum more useful as a repository of answers for those seeking enlightenment by searching through old posts. :)

If it disturbs you, I apologize. If you object, I'll stop doing it. (And everyone will have to read every post with a subject line that says 'please help', in order to find out if it contains anything germane to the problem they're having. :( )

Mechsus

#6 Post by Mechsus »

If it disturbs you, I apologize. If you object, I'll stop doing it.
:?: Merely a question. I found it odd, as the titles I posted seemed to morph into something else. I thought it was The Ghost in The Machine...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Mechsus wrote:[snip]

:?: Merely a question. I found it odd, as the titles I posted seemed to morph into something else. I thought it was The Ghost in The Machine...
:lol: I read a post, or a thread, and try to think if the subject line can be improved. It's not always easy. Sometimes people ask several questions in one post, or change the direction of a thread with an off-topic post. I do the best I can. If the question that started a thread gets answered (and I notice it) I add the word "Solved" to the subject line of the thread.