Rox /filer custom copy command

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
stemsee

Rox /filer custom copy command

#1 Post by stemsee »

Which file do I edit to change the default copy command in roxfiler?

Keef

#2 Post by Keef »

This one?
/root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/Options

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Stemsee, it's possible that don570 already did what you're trying to do, with Copy Fast. Check it out. :)

stemsee

#4 Post by stemsee »

Thanks for the tips!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Please let us know what solution you come up with. :)

stemsee

#6 Post by stemsee »

neither solution does what I wanted. The first one is only for the entry in the menu. The new pet copies a folder. I like the present rox format with the exception that I want it to use a -f = no-prompt recursive copy as default. I can do it from terminal of course. So I am still searching. I may have to appeal to JWM author.

Karl Godt

#7 Post by Karl Godt »

stemsee wrote:neither solution does what I wanted. The first one is only for the entry in the menu. The new pet copies a folder.
I like the present rox format with the exception that I want it to use a
-f = no-prompt
recursive copy as default.
I can do it from terminal of course. So I am still searching. I may have to appeal to JWM author.
JWM or ROX ??

It should be a ROX-Filer option .

The default options are compiled into the
/usr/local/apps/ROX-Filer/ROX-Filer
binary .

You would need to recompile the ROX-Filer binary with adjustments to the 'C' source code for
cp
options
I guess .

For me, 'rox' never asked ( prompt'ed ) .

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

Thanks @ Karl

Rox ...

amigo

#9 Post by amigo »

Open the rox Options dialog by right-clicking any rox window and selectin 'Options'. Then click the button for 'Action windows'. Then, in the right panel at the bottom you will see 'Default settings' with separate check-boxes for 'force', 'brief' and 'recurse'. Check any or all of them. Then click 'Apply', 'Save' and 'Cancel'

stemsee

#10 Post by stemsee »

@ amigo
Gracias amigo!

A veces estoy buscando mis gaffas -- y estan aqui sobre mi cabeza!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#11 Post by Flash »

Stemsee, I think Copy Fast will copy individual files or groups of files as well as whole folders, though I've never used it to copy anything but whole folders.

I have no idea what problem you were trying to solve by modifying Rox, but perhaps you know why every way, except rsync, to copy a folder of mp3 files to my mp3 player results in the files being copied in some order other than strictly numerical. In other words, if, in Rox, I drag a folder containing several hundred mp3 files numbered consecutively (001.mp3, 002.mp3 ... 200.mp3, for instance) from a drive to my mp3 player, I can watch and see that the files are not copied in numerical order. This is a problem because all the mp3 players I've used ignore the file names and play the files in the order they were loaded. Rsync is the only program I know that copies the files in numerical order. Is that what recursive means?

stemsee

#12 Post by stemsee »

@Flash

recursive means copying throughout child directories in the parent directory.

But your info is very useful. That will come in handy one day!

The problem is solved just by following amigos advise. It was right in front of my eyes but I couldn't find it for searching!

stemsee

#13 Post by stemsee »

Nope doesn't stick!!

I will have to go down the Karl Godt route!! or just write rox app, RSH stylee!