Posted: Wed 18 Jun 2014, 19:55 Post_subject:
Put your projects on github
#this assumes you have already setup a devx which typically contains git and other tools required (curl, shell) -TODO add wget support
1. Go to github and signup.
3. Click on "New repository" (white on green button toward lower right)
4. Fill out your project info and click on "Create repository"
- You can setup a readme and license
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each of your offline projects
- *note: If your project License is CC0 or other permissive license I will be more apt to contribute
4.5 (optional) goto your favorite projects on github and fork them by simply clicking "Fork" in the upper right hand corner
5. Use the script I have included to set up git locally and optionally clone all of your github projects
tar -xf github-setup.tar.gz; github-setup.sh
6. Copy/move your project files to its new home at $HOME/github/<project> (for puppy $HOME==/root)
7. Run the following from each project directory you've added/modified files: