Selection Highlight Issues in Seamonkey

Using applications, configuring, problems
Jody Thornton

Selection Highlight Issues in Seamonkey

#1 Post by Jody Thornton »

I've recently installed Seamonkey v2.26 on Precise Puppy v5.7.1, over top of the default compiled installation of Seamonkey v2.19. Only on any newly installed Seamonkey revision will this happen. I've tried different builds of v2.23, 2.25 and 2.26 (i686, i486 and i386 builds), and on all of them when using Seamonkey Mail, the selected folder list item will not remain highlighted when I click on a message in the other pane.

So if I'm in the Inbox folder, and I click on a message in my Inbox, the Inbox folder item will not remain highlighted. Only the message will be.

I've included a graphic to show what I mean. Now this DOES NOT happen on the default build included in Precise Puppy.
Attachments
capture4556.png
Seamonkey Mail Screen
(188.32 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Cheers,
[b]Jody Thornton[/b]
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hi Jody.. Is your SM folder in /usr/lib or /usr/local? Are you familiar with fresh installing SM?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Jody Thornton

#3 Post by Jody Thornton »

Semme wrote:Hi Jody.. Is your SM folder in /usr/lib or /usr/local? Are you familiar with fresh installing SM?
Both the compiled (included v2.19) installation, and my installation of 2.26 are in /usr/lib.

I've not fresh installed Seamonkey on Linux. Does that involve extracting a tar file of some sort?
Cheers,
[b]Jody Thornton[/b]
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Try a fresh install then.

Dwnld the latest to somewhere convenient.

Keep the old guard in place by renaming those in /usr/lib.. "old_seamonkey" would suffice.

Extract the pkg to /usr/lib. Any shortcuts should remain intact.

For a *pure* fresh install, rename /root/.mozilla/seamonkey >> old_seamonkey.

Now when you fire SM from the menus you'll be dealing with the latest and a fresh profile.

Reset your mail addy and try to recreate the issue.

Many times it's this profile that goes wonky..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Jody Thornton

#5 Post by Jody Thornton »

Thanks Semme. I shall give that a try.
:)
Cheers,
[b]Jody Thornton[/b]
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)