Small Collection of Apps for Puppy

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
kaeza

Small Collection of Apps for Puppy

#1 Post by kaeza »

Hello boys.

I'm new here, but I wanted to share a little something with the community since Puppy made me leave that EVIL "OS" bit by bit.

Simply Put:
Puppy is small, fast, and full-featured.
Window$ is huge, slooooow, and a simple "Notepad" requires you to have an 48-core Intel Ultra i128 at 8THz with 8 TB of RAM, and DirectX 84.96 (or whatever API Vista/7/8/9 uses; don't know, had XP before Puppy).

Okay, lets get on topic.

First, para usuarios de habla hispana, I've translated PPLog into Español.

Next, for those of you (like me) that think that the PupDial GUI is over-crowded with widgets, here's a modification that arranges the GUI into different tabs (using a notebook) and IMHO is more user-friendly and intuitive.

Then, I have a little application (created by none other than me) to help create pinboard icons, or browse existing ones to add to it. It also includes some buttons to call obconfig (you may change the program if you use other window manager), change the GTK+ themes (calling gtk-chtheme), or changing the mouse cursors (via pcur). It was coded and tested under Lucid Puppy 525, and uses the aforementioned applications as backends for configuration, plus the gtkdialog3 program for it's GUI, and obviously, the ROX-Filer. It is a self-contained ROX-Filer AppDir, so to install just uncompress wherever you see fit, and drag to your pinboard to create an icon.

Last, for the gamers, I made a little frontend for Half-Life called Puppy-Life, that lists the games from Valve installed. It requires wine, and obviously, a copy of the aforementioned game (see the note below). To install, unpack it to your HL directory (usually C:\Sierra\Valve or something like that). It should create a Pup-Life directory inside it. Just run it and see if it works. Please read the included documentation, or ask me.

*NOTE: I'm not being contradictory, I just despise *Window$* not the *Applications/Games*.

m'kay, I think that covers it up for now.

Enjoy!

EDIT:

Note to Forum Admins: If I accidentally posted under the wrong category, I apologize in advance and request that it be moved it into the correct category if you can.
Attachments
Pup-Life.tar.gz
Frontend for Half-Life
(107.6 KiB) Downloaded 871 times
Desktop-Icons.tar.gz
Desktop Icons Tool
(7.22 KiB) Downloaded 887 times
pupdial-newgui.tar.gz
PupDial with new GUI
(8.13 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
pplog-es.tar.gz
PPlog En Español
(60.76 KiB) Downloaded 820 times
[i]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."[/i] -- Ambrose Redmoon

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Somebody should at least say thank you for your efforts 8)

I am sorry it has to be me. :wink:
Anyone care to offer feedback?

Thanks kaeza.

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

Does this show a weakness in the Puppy community?
Do we have a place to collect suggested code?

...or will this (as much else) be overseen or forgotten.

DPUP5520

#4 Post by DPUP5520 »

Good job, it's always nice to see new members take an active interest and help to make puppy better whether its through developing code or helping to compile new programs.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69651][b][i]PupRescue 2.5[/i][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=72178][b][i]Puppy Crypt 528[/i][/b][/url]

nilsonmorales

muchas gracias

#5 Post by nilsonmorales »

muchas gracias por tus aportes soy nuevo tambien me gustaria que te unieras en el canal en español de irc #puppy-es para que puedas intercambiar experiencias con nosotros
saludos desde el salvador

kaeza

#6 Post by kaeza »

Thank you for your feedback. I have exceeded my monthly bandwidth so I couldn't connect before.

@nilsonmorales Gracias, voy a probar :)
[i]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."[/i] -- Ambrose Redmoon

Pelo

Angel Linux Ice-candy

#7 Post by Pelo »

I want to make a short manual about Apps Icons, what they mean, and tell where they are
En cours... en cours... en cours....
Screenshot will be erased when finished :wink: pls wait...
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 22:36, edited 3 times in total.

Pelo

Usarios are welcome

#8 Post by Pelo »

pplog how do you active it. Nothing happens.
Attachments
faience.jpg
ToDoList OSMO :
(60.68 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

Pelo

I don't understand how apps tool works

#9 Post by Pelo »

desktop icons descargado,
I don't understand how apps tool works