Difficulty uploading pics from ZTE smartphone via USB

Booting, installing, newbie
flamingo

Difficulty uploading pics from ZTE smartphone via USB

#1 Post by flamingo »

I am brand new user of Puppy Wary. I got this software installed by a friend as Windows Professional XP was running out last year and no longer supported. But wanted to keep my computer as it was.

I have an English version although my native language is German. I have no idea what version it exactly is. It is booted I believe that is the term via a CD.

I got this new smart phone which is an android by the brand ZTE. I hooked it up via USB but I could not see anywhere anything showing me a USB connection on the computer. No link to be found anywhere. At least I don't know where to look.

I tried to check some settings on the phone to upload my pics to the computer but since I don't know which link to use at all to detect my phone in the first place, that was useless.

I'm not familiar with the computer language, so simplicity would be a great thing if anybody could help.

Thanks so much.

gcmartin

Addressing how to cable connect smartDevices via USB to PUPs

#2 Post by gcmartin »

Hello @Flamingo

This is a forum thread which arose this year to address this problem you have. ===> Click Here

Here to help

Edit: A simple approach would be to merely
  1. click and install the 3files mentioned ===> here
  2. plug your ZTE into the USB port
  3. browse-navigate your ZTE's filesystem as needed fr photos/music/movies/etc.

flamingo

#3 Post by flamingo »

Thank you. I have installed those files and indeed my ZTE was detected immediately. But the window that popped up afterwards was empty. No pictures were shown :(

flamingo

#4 Post by flamingo »

OK, this issue has been permanently solved.

starhawk

#5 Post by starhawk »

Would you mind telling us how you solved it?

Griot

#6 Post by Griot »

Chiming in...
Method described HERE and HERE
will not work with ZTE Blade 3
running this port of CM11. (check post #3)
Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?
A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.
Instead, you should enable Android debugging on your device (Developer options menu) and simply use Menu>Graphic>PupCamera to access
your sdcard. For me, it works W/O problem.
Cheers!