Speech to text

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
neerajkolte

Speech to text

#1 Post by neerajkolte »

Hi,

I have just converted a friend from win to puppy (Fatdog64).
He has asked me if I got any working speech to text software. It should also train from voice as sometimes Indian accent is not recognised.

I have heard Pocketsphinx, Simon, Julius and Palaver are available for Linux systems.

Which of these are available for puppies and which is better if more than one is available.

If they are available for another puppy I can suggest him that.
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code."
- Ken Thompson

“We tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.â€￾
- Amara’s Law.

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

I have put a request in for a on screen keyboard last year. Have been working on a complete package but something in Fatdog64 does not release the hooks needed for NORMAL linux tools. Do have a text to speech available for Fatdog64 and ARM versions.
If you search for one switch thread under projects ( 15 months ago ) You can see what we have in mind. If you do solve it let me know how, much developments and plans are on hold. :idea:
Drs I was working with had to go windows tablets to do what we had in mind at about 5000 USD each. They still can get the integration as nice as puppylinux 32bit versions have already done.

puppyluvr

#3 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
A Puplet called "Voxer" The voice controlled Puppy.
Pocketsphinx also available for Puppy.
Also Espeak.
Good luck!
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...