MATE 1.8.1 - desktop manager

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
josejp2424

Options with clik

#21 Post by josejp2424 »

Options with clik file manager CAJA-1.8.1

Added options

sfs - sfs_load
pet - pet-get
deb - petget
txz - petget
svg - defaultpaint
xml - defaulttexteditor
Lst - defaulttexteditor
bak - defaulttexteditor
html - defaulthtmleditor
html - defaulthtmlviewer
txt - defaulttexteditor
mp4 - defaultmediaplayer
avi - defaultmediaplayer
jpeg - defaultimageviewer
jpg - defaultimageviewer
png - defaultimageviewer
doc - defaultwordprocessor
iso - pburn
iso - isomaster
pdf - ePDFviem
save - rox

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 966#788966

In the mime package add to display SFS pet and savefile.

Options with clik (caja-1.8.1) are in. /root/.locale/share.

More users could be added with the options of clik (caja-1.8.1).

You might also add Shutdown_tray in the next version?.

clik pet.

See SFS pet save

( I am sorry for my english )
Last edited by josejp2424 on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 02:28, edited 2 times in total.

josejp2424

error

#22 Post by josejp2424 »

sorry i'd send wrong packages of shares
Attachments
acciones.pet
(15.5 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

josejp2424

Shutdown_tray

#23 Post by josejp2424 »

Shutdown_tray

locale French Italian.

tranks vicmz.

ashirogi

i ned help here

#24 Post by ashirogi »

thank you, goes well in my precise puppy
but I have a little problem, I can not change the background because every time I open the menu appearance and background applications directly broken.

sorry if I mess use google translation

vicmz

#25 Post by vicmz »

Hello Jejy69
Jejy69 wrote:@josejp2424 : Good luck for your puplet ! Can I add Shutdown_tray to the next release please ?
He says yes you can :D

To preview audio in the Caja file manager (by placing the mouse pointer over a sound file), install GStreamer:

For Precise: http://yadi.sk/d/BIQPZ0ORDdvdr

For Slacko: https://yadi.sk/d/GlybNL-PWxjRv

GStreamer for Slacko was compiled by Tempestous, I don't remeber where in the forum I got it so I've uploaded the PET to Yandex in case it's no longer available.

Also, GStreamer increases the supported formats for some audio applications, if you couldn't play a particular audio file format then maybe you'll be able to after installing GStreamer.

If you couldn't manage system audio with Retrovol or another audio mixer, you should be able to after installing GStreamer.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla(10).png
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 1656 times

XP Refugee

MATE Pup

#26 Post by XP Refugee »

first time I used it, I had Skype problems and some others so I reverted to my previous Pup and save file and began again. This time had same prob and some others. ODDLY the PPM had NO SKYPE in any of the repositories. (not sure why slack patches is auto added as it NEVER has anything in it). I found this VERY strange. Still do. NO SKYPE?? anyway, I'd tried 4.0, 4.2, in sfs and 4.0 PET. I had Skype icon in menu but clicking on it did NOTHING. After many many tries, I finally loaded in 4.0 PET AGAIN and it's WORKING! AND the mic works now whereas in the last Pup incarnation it did not.
Another problem ongoing is that I UNINSTALLED PSensor and IMSensor and it's STILL THERE and comes on automatically when I boot up. I can't try to remove it again, there are no instances in the PPM now. Anyone have any ideas? It's not in startup applications that I can see.
I am really loving this tho I DO still use the standard LxPup in another USB stick.
Not happy Chromium now does not let me have ANY extensions. I TRIED doing what they said to and installed Chrome. It would not start so no theme in THAT one, Uninstalled and living with plain blue Chromium.
I just put a big red shutdown button in my lower right so the shutdown app thang don't work for me. I like to run with MINIMAL icons on Desktop and wish I could ditch Home and Computer. Can't see how, the delete or move to trash is greyed out, Won't work, Both take me to essentially the same view, I use a folder called Overflow to move stuff that hits my desktop so I can keep it cleared. So that means I have THREE icons that take me to Caja.
AGAIN I have to VERY MUCH THANK Jejy69 for his work on this. Caja vs PCfm is like night and day. Wish I had Eye of Mate, or that I could run Mirage on this Pup.
THANK YOU THANK YOU

I hope MATEpup has a long life. For me it's nearly as good as Mint 17 MATE and I am one choosy SOB :)

I was prematurely elated about Skype. Shutdown, restart, hit Skype in menu and got this....
Could not launch 'Skype'
Failed to execute child process "skype" (Input/output error)
at least now I have SOME Skype info in Home .Skype...like my account info. Before that folder did not exist, Progress of a sort I suppose.

Jejy69

#27 Post by Jejy69 »

Hello,

@josejp2424 & vicmz : Thanks, I'll integrate these changes in the next release, and will add Eye of Mate as picture viewer.

@ashirogi : what is the result if you type 'mate-appearance-properties' in a terminal ( without quotes ) ? Did you used the installer ?
Thanks you for your report. We'll fix this bug. :)

@XP Refugee : I'll add Eye of MATE, in the next release. :) For Skype, I don't know the origin of this problem. Which Puppy are you using ?

Cheers !
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite Linux distrbution on the Citadel.

XP Refugee

#28 Post by XP Refugee »

LxPup 14.03 I believe.

peebee

#29 Post by peebee »

XP Refugee wrote:LxPup 14.03 I believe.
I have Skype 4.2.0.11 working pretty well on LxPup14.03.1 using the 2 sfs's here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 618#680618

The Skype sfs is also available in the Slacko14 repo:
http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/di ... -slacko14/

and there is a QT sfs there as well which I haven't tried but guess it should be OK.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

XP Refugee

#30 Post by XP Refugee »

peebee wrote:
XP Refugee wrote:LxPup 14.03 I believe.
I have Skype 4.2.0.11 working pretty well on LxPup14.03.1 using the 2 sfs's here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 618#680618

The Skype sfs is also available in the Slacko14 repo:
http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/di ... -slacko14/

and there is a QT sfs there as well which I haven't tried but guess it should be OK.
well, I had sfs for 4 and 4.2 and neither worked, ALSO a 4 pet. But NOW it's working, this may be LxPup but I find it REALLY quirky :)
I'm also shocked that there's no skype in PPM cuz I'm sure there was one version at least. I had probs with 4.2 before and 4 worked fine. Not sure what it is working now, I'm on xp at the moment.I ALSO deleted the save sf to start again but when I booted UP, it had found a sf SOMEWHERE and it was an earlier incarnation that worked pretty well. I tend to backup the sf when it's good, then move onto putting other things on it until I erm...screw up :)
I miss the little use graph that used to move down on the bottom panel, showing green and red, can't seem to find it on MatePup
keep up the great work both you guys. It's very useful, reasonably fast and I'm not looking at anymore Linux flavors at this point. Actually use MATEpup more than Mint 17 at this point.

peebee

#31 Post by peebee »

XP Refugee wrote:I'm also shocked that there's no skype in PPM
There is a Slackware (Slacky) version of Skype4.2.0.11 (.txz) available from the PPM

The .sfs versions are available from menu:
Sfs Manager download and install sfs files

rather than PPM because they are .sfs rather than .pet ......

Cheers
peebee
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

vicmz

#32 Post by vicmz »

OscarTalks has Skype packages for many puppies:

http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

XP Refugee

#33 Post by XP Refugee »

now I got a NEW screwup happnin. WINE don't open. Nuttin. I'm fairly surprised at how I have found 1000 ways for Linux to NOT WORK. Gotta say, stuff like this makes me wonder if I'm on a toy or what.
I shall persevere. Onward thru the fog!

OH, and I got "no such file or directory found" box opening upon start up :) any ideas?

OH and how do I install the Flash update tgz or whatever? XP spoiled me....click click. Done.

8-bit

#34 Post by 8-bit »

I installed the slacko mate sfs and have found that even after unloading it, typing "xwin jwm" that on rebooting, I am taken to a command prompt and have to type "xwin jwm" to get that desktop to start.
What change was made by it that is trying to start the unloaded mate desktop?

Jejy69

#35 Post by Jejy69 »

Hello 8-bit,

Maybe /etc/WINDOWMANAGER file ? I edited this file. Replace "mate-session" with "jwm".
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite Linux distrbution on the Citadel.

Revolverve

#36 Post by Revolverve »

Salut Mr Jerome ,
Heard in your video you used mate.sfs on tahrpup. Both beta +rc1 frugal savefile to folder tests I did where unsuccessful ,it does install mate softs ,mate program seems to work but cannot get mate-wm to run..to prompt>tried xwim mate,mate-wm, ,niet ,ne fonctionne pas,nada ,nothing , and uninstalling mate went worst, was not able to get jwm back ok. The secret is?custom-tarh-mate.sfs? Was it quirkytarh?I miss or did something wrong?

look like working nicely on your video.

john3051

#37 Post by john3051 »

Thank you, Jejy69, for this brilliant Mate sfs. I found default JWM and Rox quite unconfortable, but Mate with Caja is one to go steady for me :D Also I like very much easy and customizable quick launch panel and desktop. Very solid and comfortable!
Cheers

XP Refugee

MATE system monitor

#38 Post by XP Refugee »

things is never dull in Linnuxland. I got MATE back in, had to rebuild 4 USB Pups. ODDLY I got the MATE system monitor in on the LxPups (which have a small realtime graph runnin in the lower right in the tray) but CANNOT get it in in MATE which SHOULD have COME with it. First of all in PPM it does not show in any repository under Utility, but when I do a seach for it, it shows up in Salix and Slacky. But then when I try to install it, all goes as usual, until I go look in the Utility and it's NOT THERE, nor does it show in the PPM Uninstall part. What gives? anyone got any idea?I really WANT a way to see usage other than the task monitor or Htop. Really baffling. Can't find anyplace onlinne for it either other than one tar.gz and I have no idea how to install using that other than to cut and pasted into many folders. Could this be because I used a MATE 1.8 pet and not an SFS???? thanks for your time.

peebee

Post withdrawn - sorry

#39 Post by peebee »

Sorry - this post should not have appeared.
Last edited by peebee on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

ally

#40 Post by ally »