Chromium v83 with pepper-flash **RUNS-AS-SPOT**

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
edoc

#61 Post by edoc »

SOLVED: It was obscure Adobe settings.

For some weird reason Adobe grays-out the "Settings" menu item but not the "Global Settings" item in their Linux version - creating an unnecessarily complex process to fix a camera problem in Linux rather than the same as in MS versions of windows.

How To: Fix Adobe Videoconferencing Camera Problem in Linux.

Go to: http://faq.iwiwwe.com

Copy URL: Should be something like "vcp.videocontrolpanel.net"

Go to: http://macromedia.com/support/documenta ... ger09.html

1. Select Peer-Assisted Networking tab (looks like two profiles)
2. Select URL you copied (the app reads it from the copy buffer)
3. Click "Always allow"

Then ...

1. Select Website Privacy Settings tab (third from right, looks like eye on tv)
2. Select same URL on list below as before
3. Select "Always allow"

Close window.

You may need to close and re-open the Web browser.

Note: I have only tried this in the most recent versions of Firefox & Adobe Flash for Linux in Puppy LH64.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

peebee

Chromium-34.0.1847.132

#62 Post by peebee »

May-2014 update:

chromium-34.0.1847.132-lx.sfs

Works on LxPup14.03-s and also on Slacko5.7
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

chromium-34.0.1847.137+pepper_13.0.0.214

#63 Post by peebee »

chromium-34.0.1847.137+pepper_13.0.0.214_lx.sfs

now includes pepper-flash (works with BBC iPlayer) so flash-player is no longer needed (may still be required for other browsers)
Last edited by peebee on Sun 25 May 2014, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

chromium-35.0.1916.114 with pepper_13.0.0.214

#64 Post by peebee »

Last edited by peebee on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

balloon

#65 Post by balloon »

I install .sfs package in Slacko-5.7.1.

I changed a package to chromium-35 recently.
Window move of Chromium is not possible afterwards
when I set System Titlebar for disable.

This problem did not occur with before 34,
and there is not a report in other environment either.
I think that it is a problem peculiar to .sfs.
[b]BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen.[/b] from Japan | ã￾µã￾†ã￾›ã‚“ Fu-sen. (old: 2 8 6)

peebee

#66 Post by peebee »

balloon wrote:This problem did not occur with before 34,
and there is not a report in other environment either.
I think that it is a problem peculiar to .sfs.
We saw this problem with Slacko at version 32

I also saw the problem recently when I tried chromium in Tahr Puppy

It works OK on LxPup - and there are no error messages if you run Chromium in a terminal....

So I am at a loss what to suggest - other than do not disable "Use system title bars and borders"....in Slacko

Anybody else got any thoughts??

Thanks
peebee

chillinfart

#67 Post by chillinfart »

I reinstalled Slacko 5.7 on my PC (kernel 3.10.2) and some dependencies was missing trying to use again Chromium 35: libnss3.so and libplc4.so

Both are from:

http://pkgs.org/mageia-cauldron/mageia- ... 6.rpm.html

http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/magei ... .i586.html

I used Mageia rpms to put that libs on Slacko (via Pupzip), no equivalent on Slackware available.

OscarTalks

#68 Post by OscarTalks »

chillinfart wrote:I reinstalled Slacko 5.7 on my PC (kernel 3.10.2) and some dependencies was missing trying to use again Chromium 35: libnss3.so and libplc4.so.
Those libs are not missing. They are inside the firefox directory and Chromium should find them unless you have done something to remove them or prevent them from being added to the available libs. Normally the code in the file /etc/profile handles this. It should not be necessary to add them again as other packages and it might even cause conflicts if you do. There will perhaps come a point with these advancing Chromium versions that the libs in Slacko will become too old. I haven't tried Chromium 35 but I don't think we have reached that stage yet.
Oscar in England

XP Refugee

I just tried to get Chromium working on my backup USB of LxP

#69 Post by XP Refugee »

it's 25 version, I've got it on my other LxPup. THIS ONE says SUCCESSFUL install, no missing libs, no missing dependancies. NO MENU entry. I can't even get the damn thing running. THIS on the SAME 14.03 LxPup. I'm really annoyed. I can easily see why Linux never got anywhere with the average user. SAME setups on USB sticks being used on the same laptop and totally different results. I dl'd this Chrome, but why bother trying it if I have this problem with the other????

on a side note, the time DOES display AS I SET IT TO on this LxPup. The other one just flips me the bird here and keeps giving me 24 hour clock with no date

kost@s

#70 Post by kost@s »

hi guys!

@chillinfart
if you want install chromium it is better to remove this package of mageia

your problem it is by using firefox-17 or 18
delete this version it is the folder /usr/lib/firefox-**
i have make one package for slacko if you want to using
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90983
and the last version firefox, to not have problems firefox_eu-30.0.pet [English]

peebee

chromium-35.0.1916.153+pepper_14.0.0.125

#71 Post by peebee »

Last edited by peebee on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

peebee

Chromium 36.0.1985.125 with Pepperflash 14.0.0.145

#72 Post by peebee »

Last edited by peebee on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

Marv

#73 Post by Marv »

Running just fine in X-slacko 2.1. The only hitch I had is that when setting up a user directory outside the pupsave environment (by modifying line 18 in /usr/bin/chromium), the partition containing that seemingly cannot be fat32. I usually have the data directories for portable opera, palemoon, slimboat etc. in my boot partition which is fat32 but a Singleton process error resulted in this instance. Placing that directory on my ext2 formatted sda2 worked immediately. My line 18 is below:

Code: Select all

exec /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --user-data-dir=/mnt/sda2/Chromium --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=14.0.0.145 --disk-cache-size=10000000 --media-cache-size=10000000 --allow-outdated-plugins "$@"
Edited for spelling and clarity :( and yes, runs under Lxpup 14.07 using the shared directory :)
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

peebee

#74 Post by peebee »

Marv wrote:...when setting up a user directory outside the pupsave environment...
Hi Marv

I achieve the same by symlinking the user data directory to ~/.config rather than editing the /usr/bin file.

Cheers
peebee

Marv

#75 Post by Marv »

peebee wrote: I achieve the same by symlinking the user data directory to ~/.config rather than editing the /usr/bin file.
Yep, sometimes I do symlinks (Palemoon & Slimboat), sometimes direct (Opera). In the case of the SFS resident chromium, I modified the SFS itself once so any pup it is loaded to will pick up my common user dir immediately. I believe the fat32 caveat applies in either case though I haven't tried it with the symlink. I'm still an Opera/Palemoon sort of guy but my wife is a chromiumgal so I appreciate the effort here.

Thanks
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

BUu

chromium

#76 Post by BUu »

Hello peebee using chrome slacko 5.7 and 5.9.3.6 and everything seems to be going well, what bothers me the icon of chromium does not appear in menu how to resolve this? maybe a fix for .pet
thank you

greetings

BUu

Re: chromium

#77 Post by BUu »

BUu wrote:Hello peebee using chrome slacko 5.7 and 5.9.3.6 and everything seems to be going well, what bothers me the icon of chromium does not appear in menu how to resolve this? maybe a fix for .pet
thank you

greetings

New Topic apologize for it

peebee

chromium-36.0.1985.143 with pepper_14.0.0.177

#78 Post by peebee »

Last edited by peebee on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 06:38, edited 3 times in total.

peebee

Re: chromium menu icon

#79 Post by peebee »

BUu wrote:Hello peebee using chrome slacko 5.7 and 5.9.3.6 and everything seems to be going well, what bothers me the icon of chromium does not appear in menu how to resolve this? maybe a fix for .pet
thank you

greetings
@BUu - not sure why you are seeing this as everything works fine for me on LxPup.....

You could try editing the .desktop file in /user/share/applications to make the icon line point to a working icon.

cheers
peebee

BUu

Re: chromium menu icon

#80 Post by BUu »

peebee wrote:
thank you

greetings
@BUu - not sure why you are seeing this as everything works fine for me on LxPup.....

You could try editing the .desktop file in /user/share/applications to make the icon line point to a working icon.

cheers
peebee
how to fix this peebee
Thank you!