MTPconnect 0.9

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
slavvo67

#21 Post by slavvo67 »

That sounds like a cool option for me. Thanks to all for your answers on this. Again, this is a great tool.

Best,

Slavvo67

flamingo

Re: MTPconnect 0.9

#22 Post by flamingo »

Can you please help me debug this? I got referred to your link but I can not solve my problem. Am completely green.
I have installed these 3 files ( http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 018#777018) but as I am also completely unfamiliar with the linux Wary software I don't know how to find a file and uninstall it if I have to. Got this installed from a friend instead of Windows XP as that one was expiring.
Now I have a ZTE Blade G.
At least my computer detects now that there is a phone connected to it, There is a window showing that. But on my phone turning on MTP shows and empty ROX display. But if I turn on PTP for camera at least I get 3 different links. ( In earnest I don't even know what those acronyms mean). But when I open those links the window is all empty. It doesn't show any more items.

Can you please help?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#23 Post by Flash »

I'll take a shot, though I don't know anything about MTP so all I can do is ask stupid questions. Still, one of them might get a useful answer. :)
First, are you sure there is actually something in the directory? Maybe the directory is showing empty because there is nothing in it. What happens if you try to copy a mp3 or jpeg file to the directory from Puppy? (Just drag the file from wherever you can find it to the empty MTP directory.)

slavvo67

#24 Post by slavvo67 »

I'll try to help...

First, with MTP Connect, I initially couldn't tell it was working, either. Click on one of your drive icons sda2, sdb1, etc. and it will open up Roxfiler. Then go to the top left and click the green arrow-up. Now, you should see a list of mounted (and unmounted) drives. You should be able to pick out your phone or camera from that list. For example, my Kindle Fire was actually named kindle. So click on that and you should see your files.

To uninstall, you can usually use the Puppy Package Manager (or PPM). It's usually an icon with a little box and a dog's head sticking out. The word "Pet" is on the box. Be patient for a minute while it opens.

Now you are in the puppy package manager (which is somewhat of an auto installer of programs). On the bottom right should be a list of items identified as installed. If you identify the names of the 3 packages, you can click each one and have the Puppy Package Manager (PPM) uninstall.

If you are running Puppy from a CD, you can just shut down and choose not to save your changes. The items you manually installed will no longer be there when you reboot.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Slavvo67

nipotastro

#25 Post by nipotastro »

:D

just tried on lupu with my sII.. it works fine!

thanks to all !

(lupu on hd - p4 2600 512 mb ram- Samsung SII standard)

Anniekin

#26 Post by Anniekin »

Nice! Works in alphaOS with simple-mtpfs instead with a little adjustment to the script (go-mtpfs in Arch depends on "go" from Google which is huge). Just one question, when do you consider all files as being closed and safe to unplug, does having the /mnt/phone directory open in the file manager count?

vtpup

#27 Post by vtpup »

Looks great, but unfortunately isn't working for me:

Acer Aspire 5349 laptop
Tahrpup 6.0
go-mtpfs-20130628
MTPconnect_0.9

Acer A1-830 tablet
Android 4.2.2

Go-mtpfs seems to work fine. But MTPConnect doesn't do anything when I connect the tablet via USB. In terminal I can type:

go-mtpfs MTPdevice and I get:

Code: Select all

2015/04/24 12:39:48 starting FUSE 70ad1f3 (2013-02-24 20:42:03 +0100)
And I can then open directories on the tablet in /mnt/MTPDevice/. But there is no auto connection when plugging in. Thanks in advance for any help!
[color=darkblue]Acer Aspire 5349-2635 laptop Tahrpup.[/color]
[color=blue]Acer R11 and C720 Chromebks Bionicpup64[/color]
[color=olive]Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet no pup[/color]
[color=orange]www.sredmond.com[/color]

watchdog

#28 Post by watchdog »

vtpup wrote:Looks great, but unfortunately isn't working for me:

Go-mtpfs seems to work fine. But MTPConnect doesn't do anything when I connect the tablet via USB.
The following post by 01micko was useful to me:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 617#803617

vtpup

#29 Post by vtpup »

watchdog, do you mean use mtp_detect-0.15-noarch.pet as a replacement for MTPConnect.pet? I'm guessing they aren't compatible (from comments earlier in this thread).
[color=darkblue]Acer Aspire 5349-2635 laptop Tahrpup.[/color]
[color=blue]Acer R11 and C720 Chromebks Bionicpup64[/color]
[color=olive]Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet no pup[/color]
[color=orange]www.sredmond.com[/color]

L18L

MTPconnect 0.9

#30 Post by L18L »

watchdog wrote:The following post by 01micko was useful to me:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 617#803617
Also for me, simply this:
01micko wrote:On some phones with 4.4 you may have to unlock the screen before plugging. I believe it's a security feature to protect from offline attack.

android 4.2.2
Thank you all.

EDIT
fix for rox:

sed -i 's/type fox/type rox/' /root/Startup/MTPconnect.sh

nubc

#31 Post by nubc »

Procedure to mount and unmount smartphone

1 cd /mnt

2 go-mtpfs MTPdevice
[After successful mounting, there is no command prompt available.]

3 After finishing work, Terminate 'go-mtpfs MTPdevice' in Pprocess
[After terminating process, command prompt becomes available again.]

4 fusermount -u MTPdevice

I tested and found that step 4 is necessary, After step 4 I can mount the device again (starting at step 2) without an issue and without rebooting, which is the goal.

If after a few days you try and find that the device won't mount, run step 4, fusermount -u MTPdevice, then start over. Reboot is not necessary.

april

#32 Post by april »

Running Precise 5.7.1 I tried installing these two pets which all seemed to go properly .

On reboot I do not have any menu entries I can see and when I plug in my Android 4 phone brings up a rox filer window which is empty . Putting files into it does not write the file to the phone.

Delving in it creates a directory I can see for the phone but there is nothing in it . lsusb shows it connected of course.

Using above post I can see the ZTE dierectory but get

# cd ZTE
# ls
Phone storage  SD card
# cd "SD card"
# ls
ls: cannot open directory .: Input/output error
# cd "Phone storage"
bash: cd: Phone storage: Input/output error
Any help appreciated

I managed to get gmtp to run properly albeit slowly by installing a binary from here
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/i386/gmtp/download

EDIT Came back to get this again but it has disappeared as has everything "precise"
Last edited by april on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 02:02, edited 6 times in total.