Can Puppy burn a multi-session Puppy?

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Walt H

Can Puppy burn a multi-session Puppy?

#1 Post by Walt H »

I am happily typing away in Puppy 1.0.4 (my SmartLink modem works, and I am a happy dog trainer again :) ). However, when I burned the .iso to CD, the simplistic burning software available in Xandros (without installing additional stuff) did not allow the creation of a multi-session CD. (It did, though, allow me to simply double-click on the .iso and burn a bootable CD, which was kind of cool.)

What I'm wondering is: would Puppy (since it runs from RAM) allow me to burn a new CD, creating a multi-session disc in the process? I haven't tried burning a multisession disc before but think I might be interested in trying it. Any pitfalls or hurdles I need to look out for? Thanks.
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You can indeed, using gcombust. See the bottom of this page.

I myself haven't got ms puppy to work yet. It doesn't seem to be because I'm using gcombust to burn the CD, but I can't really say. Let us know if it works for you using the instructions on the above page, will you?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#3 Post by Lobster »

I used the instructions to create the multisession Flash.
It is quite a process and the ideal is obviously to have this streamlined.

Things are interdependent.
MS Puppy will attract more developers. A C compiler will attract more developers. More users will attract more developers.

MS is something that is obviously a unique breed . . .
Try it and feedback - that means people are using it - then interest is generated and so on . . .

Puppy friskiness
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

JaDy

#4 Post by JaDy »

I wonder if we stopped referring to multi-session as MS it'd work flawlessly (without the curse of MS = MicroSoft)? :lol:

Maybe CDW Puppy?
Felicitations & Facilitations, Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

Here's a self-confessed Linux newbie who apparently managed to burn a multisession Puppy CD using Puppy's gcombust, and was considerate enough to post a detailed account of how he did it. :?