Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 21 Nov 2014, 15:19
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Puppy Phone - VOIP using SIP
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 38 of 38 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38
redandwhitestripes

PostPosted: Thu 01 Aug 2013, 08:28    Post_subject:  

Thanks again everyone, I'll look at the help file and get calling!
PSIP is an excellent example of what Puppy is all about: all the efficiency, all the features, none of the bloat.

EDIT: A few things that would be awesome to see at some point in the future:

a) A way to save and/or switch between SIP profiles. (For example, I'm registered with Mouthmun and Localphone)

b) A default, automatic firewall action each time PSIP starts

c) Compatibility with Pmusic for recorded calls. Right now I have to use GMplayer to playback calls.

Keep up the great work with this superb piece of software Very Happy
KentC

PostPosted: Sat 30 Nov 2013, 11:56    Post_subject:  

I'll have a look to see what I can setup with Psip. I want to actually setup a Brekeke Sip Server which I've been able to complete successfully. I'll post a tutorial how-to today for everyone. I would like to use such to route a call from a DID provider which I will attempt to make Psip work.

I'll keep posted on details.

Kent C.
zandarian

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug 2014, 18:26    Post_subject:  

With some routers Puppy Phone (and Ekiga) seems not to be usable, at least without doing special things.

After reading http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Using_Ekiga_with_routers_and_firewalls I read http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually (to be forwarded: 5000 to 5100 UDP, ... ports) and I finished in a page like http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/Prestige782/Ekiga.htm:
Quote:
The router_brand router_model will not allow you to forward enough ports, to run Ekiga.

... and ...
Quote:
You should try using the DMZ portion of this router if it is available. Alternatively you can try switching the router to bridged mode. You will need to contact your ISP to switch to bridged mode, so they can make the required changed on their end.

I don't see DMZ option and I don't wan't to contact my ISP (I'm not so interested in VoIP now).

When the router allows to forward enough ports, for example with http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cradlepoint/CTR-500/Ekiga.htm you can see graphically how to do it.
zandarian

PostPosted: Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:15    Post_subject:  

(I use a Live USB with Slacko Puppy version 5.7. on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a Speedtouch residential gateway -modem, router, ...-)

Finally, I can connect to my VoIP account unbinding the SIP ALG and the UDP 5060 port. This way:
Code:

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nat unbind application=SIP port=5060
config save
system reboot

Thanks to smokey01: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=796421#796421

I can call for example to the iptel.org utilities but I listen no sound at all (I've tried different Setup-Audio-Input/Output options). And if PuppyPhone is closed I can listen to my music files and record my voice via microphone (I've configured the audio channels running retrovol and alsamixer). But if PuppyPhone is running I cannot. I've used Ekiga in other Linux distro successfully, with the audio OK (without sound problems).
OscarTalks

PostPosted: Tue 02 Sep 2014, 17:10    Post_subject:  

Use sip:music@iptel.org to test for incoming audio and then sip:echo@iptel.org (and speak into the microphone) to test if audio is working both ways. You will need to make sure you have the correct playback and capture settings in retrovol or alsamixer. Also you need to make sure you are using the correct device settings in PSIP Puppy Phone.

Sometimes problems of no audio or one-way audio can be resolved by setting a stun server.

If you are using a sip provider it is probably best not to set up any port forwarding in your router. The sip protocol (along with the stun server if needed) is supposed to handle the opening of all the correct ports to establish the call.

watchdog

PostPosted: Wed 03 Sep 2014, 01:52    Post_subject:  

My internet provider uses NAT. Using psip32 I have to set the public ip in /root/.psip.conf (I also use stunserver.org). Read your public ip at:

http://www.indirizzo-ip.com/whois.php

Say it is xx.yy.zz.kk. Put in /root/.psip.conf the following line before stunserver:

Code:
"public-ip":   "xx.yy.zz.kk",
zandarian

PostPosted: Wed 03 Sep 2014, 12:51    Post_subject:  

Thanks, OscarTalks and watchdog.

I've done all that you have proposed but the STUN server setting but I still have no audio in PSIP. I do have audio in Puppy Linux: I can play songs and record with the mic. But no sound at all in PSIP.

But it's not very important because I don't need VoIP. I was just testing it. And if I need VoIP I can use Ekiga (with sound OK) in other Linux distros.
smokey01

PostPosted: Thu 04 Sep 2014, 04:12    Post_subject:  

Zandarian try fiddling with the sound settings in Psip aka Puppy Phone.
There are usually a number of choices.

zandarian

PostPosted: Fri 05 Sep 2014, 01:11    Post_subject:  

Thanks, smokey01

I did it, with no success.

But doesn't matter.

Regards
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 38 of 38 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge
Jump to: