TradieTrakka 0.5

Business software, financial software, etc.
scsijon

TradieTrakka 0.5

#1 Post by scsijon »

Description

TradieTrakka is a very simple easy to use program aimed at Tradesmen running a small business.

It makes life easy by making it trivial to Quote, Invoice and Generate BAS (Australian GST reporting).

It currently consists of 1 executable file and a few information type others and uses qt4 and sqlite. The qt4 packages are libqtcore, libqtgui, libqtsql, qt4-database-plugin-sqlite or equivalents. MAKE SURE THEY ARE A MATCHING VERSION set.

:arrow: I have added a qtcombination pet for those without any qt4 installed, it's about 6.6meg and has been tested against mage2, wary/racy 5390. http://www.lamiaworks.com.au/puppy/mage ... .8.1-2.pet (you need both this one and the tradietrakka pet) :idea:

They have still quite a bit in their todo list. Further info and gpl3 statements are under /usr/local/tradietrakka.

The only problem I have found is it ocassionally won't make it's file directory when initially setting up, even if it says it has.
Default seems to be /root and if you make it it seems to work ok after that. I have sent one of the builders this info.

TradieTrakka Web Site is proposed to be www.tradietrakka.com/ .

Current release is 0.5.

TradieTrakka is a google site project.

Have fun[/url]
Last edited by scsijon on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:32, edited 3 times in total.

scsijon

#2 Post by scsijon »

up and running, the problem related to the qt4-sqlite plugin, DO make sure it's the same version as the qt4libs :oops:

Pelo

Nothing with Racy

#3 Post by Pelo »

TradieTrakka appears in the menu calculate, but nothing starts TradieTrakka could be of big interest, for issuing wages sheets.
Could you improve it to make it working without user needs to change something ?
Is that possible ? Is that realistic ?
Have a nice day. Merci pour votre écoute.

# tradietrakka
tradietrakka: error while loading shared libraries: libQtSql.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Attachments
Trakka.jpg
Business is business...Money is money...
(47.12 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 06:26, edited 2 times in total.

scsijon

Re: Nothing with Racy

#4 Post by scsijon »

Pelo wrote:TradieTrakka appears in the menu calculate, but nothing starts TradieTrakka could be of big interest, for issuing wages sheets.
Could you improve it to make it working without user needs to change something ?
Is that possible ? Is that realistic ?
Have a nice day. Merci pour votre écoute.
Hi Pelo,

It's should list as a Business Group Application, that is what it is set internally for in the petspecs, I don't know why it appears in calculate to you, maybe it's your puppy version.

The builders will update things as times go by, the list is large, and slowly being worked through as well as problems found having priority on their time.

This Application is Scoped for Small Business, where staff is only expected to be a few at the most and more likely one or two. It was planned and created to fill in a gap for those that origonally worked with paper records, what is usually called three column accounting (in-out-balance), and must now go computer to deal with things like our Australian BAS System.

Wages are not in it's scope as there are plenty of wages apps out there already as are packages that contain it all plus more, these are just too complicated and time consuming for a beginner running a business on a computer.

I am not one of the builders, just a packager, to bring it into the 'puppy world' where it may spread.

Now to your problem, did you install the additional pet?, if you haven't a full qt4 installed it is necessary; have you tried to start it fron a terminal screen (as tradietrakka) to see if your missing other packages or are getting error messages that may help; please check you /tmp/xerrs.log for a problem listed there; and what is your puppy version and I will see if I can help you.

And you have my simpathy being so close to an airport, I hope your sound deadening works well.
regards
scsijon

tuxta

Tradie Trakka Development

#5 Post by tuxta »

Hi all,

I am one of the 2 Developers that wrote Tradie Trakka, it has pretty much been left on the side burner for over a year but we do plan to get back into active development soon.

I packaged it for Mageia but just haven't had time to work on other distros, so thanks for packaging it.

Please provide bugs or any feature requests to help us make it better.
Also feel free to ask me anything directly, would be more than happy to help.

We obviously wrote this software for our own country, but we did plan to eventually make it useful else where with VAT etc.

Cheers
Tuxta

Mayou

pet cannot be loaded

#6 Post by Mayou »

pet cannot be loaded

Geoffrey

Re: pet cannot be loaded

#7 Post by Geoffrey »

Mayou wrote:pet cannot be loaded
There's a copy in the Carolina repo http://smokey01.com/carolina/pet_packag ... ka-0.5.pet
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

Mayou

geoffroy, vous êtes un amour !

#8 Post by Mayou »

geoffrey, vous êtes un amour ! pet installed, and tradie Trakka works. It was to see inside.deeper check is needed, because i want only usefull apps, for my housekeeping.

Pelo

qt4-4.8.0.sfs: 18 M

#9 Post by Pelo »

Sfs loaded on the fly qt4-4.8.0.sfs: 18 M Florentine, que fais-tu là, tu n'es pas dans tes cuisines ?
Attachments
database.jpg
Fond of MS Access can use a Datatbase
(56.12 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 01 Dec 2015, 01:18, edited 2 times in total.

Pelo

Tradie Trakka con ToOpPy Precise

#10 Post by Pelo »

Tradie Trakka con ToOpPy Precise :installes sin problem inside ToOppy.
At starting, ask for datas ? but it's my first try. I don't have anything.
Tradie Trakka is on Facebook, but nobody .
"could not connect to Database! please check your settings !'
Attachments
trakka.jpg
(33.67 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

Pelo

will be installed in my Puppies when QT lib already availabl

#11 Post by Pelo »

TradieTrakka : will be installed in my Puppies when QT lib already available.
Pet well available now.