Malware in Puppyland?

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
pirieboy

Malware in Puppyland?

#1 Post by pirieboy »

Hello puppy lovers. I feel puppy could be attacked by malware,because
anyone can post a lousy pet. I feel we need a list of crook pets to delete
of your backup..FOR EXAMPLE = I have a bit of crap on screen on start up
called = LIMUKS open source SUKA. ..Dont know what it is and dont know how to remove. I did find a member called LIMUKS. Had pet of clear look themes. I dont mind a theme but not crap. I could wipe my save file and start again but end up with the same crap. I would like to give member limuks a thank you, if it came from him. The other suggestion is a list of pet
addons. I found a list of goodies, but the server had dropped them.
I will explain = tried for 6 months to get open shot and bleach bit working
on slacko 5.7, plus others. But always something missing.Be great to have a one stop shop, to save going over this forum hunting..The great list is needed...I hate it when a speck of dust dll is needed. But puppy is so good
i put up with it. It will hurt to dump my save file 2.5gigs because of LIMUKS
Keep up the good work boys and girls. seeya.

rokytnji

#2 Post by rokytnji »

That was a whole lot of nothing said.
Like exact pet number that you accuse of malware.
Exact number of anything what so ever.
Just a whole lot of Fox News type of ranting.
Hope you feel better.
I have a bit of crap on screen on start up
called = LIMUKS open source SUKA. ..Dont know what it is and dont know how to remove. I did find a member called LIMUKS. Had pet of clear look themes. I dont mind a theme but not crap. I could wipe my save file and start again but end up with the same crap. I would like to give member limuks a thank you, if it came from him. The other suggestion is a list of pet
on slacko 5.7, plus others. But always something missing.
Not much skil/rant showing there pardner.

So moving on. Happy trails, Rok

p310don

#3 Post by p310don »

Have you tried looking in the Package Manager and uninstalling LIMUKS?

I found a .pet called limuks, looked into it. Seems to be a theme. Is what you're looking at just a background image or startup image?

If you go to /usr/share/backgrounds do you find limuks.jpg? You might be able to delete the jpg there

ttuuxxx

Re: Malware in Puppyland?

#4 Post by ttuuxxx »

pirieboy wrote: addons. I found a list of goodies, but the server had dropped them.
on slacko 5.7, plus others.
seeya.
Ok first thing have you ever asked for help installing those apps, I used to help a lot of people doing those sort of things, anything is possible, you just need to understand how the deps work., had a quick look at bleach bit, looks like a firefox cleaner plus other things, really firefox has lots of cleaner apps that you can install to do that effortless. It uses Python to run, you would be best to find a full version of python that was compiled on slacko puppy and install that, then download the sources and compile it on slacko. sounds pretty straight forward.
I would just use a firefox fox plugin and forget about it.. But then I looked at Bleach put and once again its Python based, It looks like you need a slacko compiled version of python, If you use a slackware version of python you might get issues with missing deps or incompatible versions of the deps in puppy. Python is tricky but doable.
jeff
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Karl Godt

Re: Malware in Puppyland?

#5 Post by Karl Godt »

pirieboy wrote:Hello puppy lovers. I feel puppy could be attacked by malware,because
anyone can post a lousy pet. I feel we need a list of crook pets to delete
of your backup..FOR EXAMPLE = I have a bit of crap on screen on start up
on slacko 5.7, plus others. But always something missing.Be great to have a one stop shop, to save going over this forum hunting..The great list is needed...I hate it when a speck of dust dll is needed. But puppy is so good
i put up with it. It will hurt to dump my save file 2.5gigs because of LIMUKS
Keep up the good work boys and girls. seeya.

http://www.wikipeetia.org/Limuks
Limuks is a project bi teh citi council of Munich to migrate theit sofware sistems, incuding 14,000 personel computirs adn laptops of publich employes, to fere adn openn source sofware. Silimar projects wire started wiht differeng succes iin Viennna (Wienuks), Solothurn, Amstirdam (Openn.Amstirdam), adn Zaragoza (Azlinuks).
Limuks is allso teh name of teh Linuks distributoin bieng unsed fo teh project. Limuks is teh firt Linuks-based workplace certifed fo industri uise (ISO 9241) bi teh TÜV IT, Technical Serivce, Germani. It wass based on Debien. Verison 3 availabe form Decembir 2010 is based on Ubuntu 8.10 adn verison 4 availabe form August 2011 is based on Ubuntu 10.10.
:lol:

limux.pet from here ( google docs ) is 12 MB !!!!!!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-WmUMQ ... ex=1&pli=1

has this pinstall.sh :

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
aplay /usr/share/audio/zen.wav &
export ibeem_splash='
<window title="Limuks" icon-name="gtk-info" decorated="false">
<vbox>
 <text><label>kursor, ikon, background, dan suara sudah ada. kini puppy linux anda semakin canggih! silahkan restart X server</label></text>
 <pixmap><input file>/usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons/111002limuks.xpm</input></pixmap>
 <progressbar>
      <label>Limuks</label>
      <input>for i in $(seq 0 10 100); do echo $i; sleep 0.5; done</input>
      <action>set_bg /usr/share/backgrounds/limuks.jpg</action>
      <action type="exit">Ready</action>
 </progressbar>
</vbox>
</window>'
gtkdialog3 -p ibeem_splash --center

#alsa laptop baru
/sbin/depmod -a 2.6.33.2

#hapus semua file shutdown
rm /usr/bin/wmexit
rm /usr/bin/wmpoweroff
rm /usr/bin/wmreboot

#ganti dengan yang ada suaranya
mv /tmp/wmexit /usr/bin
mv /tmp/wmpoweroff /usr/bin
mv /tmp/wmreboot /usr/bin

so it is intended for Puppy 5 Lupu / Lucid kernel 2.6.33.2 ...

It has a bunch of kernel drivers included. some names I never had heard or seen of .

Biggest part is fonts .

It has /root/.jwm themes and /usr/share/themes .

The pinstall script should check for kernel version .
Otherwise it just sets the background .
GTK theme is set by gtk-chtheme binary .
jwmconfig would change jwm theme .
Older jwmconfig was buggy ( lost tray and such ) .

If you would run FULL install and uninstall that, you would lose the wm* shutdown scripts ..
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P