File Transfer from Samsung S2(Jellybean-ed), MTP not working

Booting, installing, newbie
BJF

File Transfer from Samsung S2(Jellybean-ed), MTP not working

#1 Post by BJF »

My Compaq NC6000 with LXPrecise Retro 14.02 does not respond when I plug the phone in, although I have MTPFS and MTPConnect installed as per tempestuous's instructions gleaned from reading what I found in a search done under 'Kies' on the Forum.
Is this OS likely to be troublesome, does anyone know? Guidance would be welcomed. I want to move the contents of the SD card onto a larger one as the phone has outgrown the 2Gb item it has now.

Thanks.
Last edited by BJF on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

cthisbear

#2 Post by cthisbear »

Try another usb port maybe ....Chris.

smokey01

#3 Post by smokey01 »

You could also try 01micko version.
You could also copy the contents to a hdd then copy them back to your larger SD card.
A third option is to use AirDroid. It's a nice app that lets you copy from/to your Samsung phone. It works great on my S4, not sure about the S2.

cthisbear

#4 Post by cthisbear »

BJF

#5 Post by BJF »

Cthisbear: Tried Airdroid but couldn't find a way to move files off the phone with it. Senior moments?? I have been using a similar app called Wifi File Transfer but that will only move small file counts about without investing in the upgrade. Must do that one day.
However, further reading led me to tempestuous and 01miko and their work around Pupcam/udev.Hmmm, Pupcam pops a window when I plug in the phone which I cancel out of. What if I opened the camera instead of closing the window? Eureka! Phone file access! Time to go stand in the Naughty Corner for being a time-waster.
Thanks guys.

cthisbear

#6 Post by cthisbear »

BJF.

" However, further reading led me to tempestuous and 01miko and
their work around Pupcam/udev "

:::::::

Could you post a link mate.

Glad you are up and ging.

Cheers.....Chris.

""""""""""

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 4&start=45

Ok! Got it.
Last edited by cthisbear on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 00:52, edited 4 times in total.

BJF

#7 Post by BJF »

Chris:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 4&start=45

I'd read to page 4 when the lightbulb began to glimmer and I closed out to go and try opening Pupcam.
Note though. This works for my S2 and my OS. Coincidentally it also works with this phone and my EeePC 701 with Saluki, but only once. To get Pupcam to open the phone a second time requires that Camera1 and Camera2 instances in /mnt be deleted before a retry. Bit weird that. Perhaps a grown-up might know why.

Cheers.

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

Yes, only once for me too. That's why I've switched to the "simple mount" method offered by Tempestuous.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<