Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 16:00
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Utilities
Is there a program for stress testing Puppy?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
tmcclelland455

PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct 2014, 18:16    Post subject:  Is there a program for stress testing Puppy?  

So I just got done installing Puppy 5.7.1 on my old computer, and now I'm curious what the temps are like in a worst case scenario. I'm kinda clueless when it comes to Puppy, so I have no clue where to start looking for a program that is fairly simple to use. I would love help on this.
tmcclelland455

PostPosted: Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:00    Post subject:  

Anyone? I would like to make sure my computer won't get too hot...
Mr. Hughes

PostPosted: Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:52    Post subject:  

I found this tool for stress testing your CPU, its a command line tool. I tested it on Puppy 5.7.1 precise and it works.

http://cpuburnin.com/

Run the program with one command line value to specify the length of time to run the test:

eg.
"./cpuburn-in 10" will run the test for ten minutes.

Let it run and monitor the temperature.

If you want to test video card temps I'll have to look around and see what I can find. There is the Uniengine benchmark for linux. Thats the best one I know of, and it's extremely stressful on your GPU but its a 400mb download and I haven't tested it on puppy.

Usually you have nothing to worry about though unless a fan failure occurs or the fan is blocked with dust and dirt.

tmcclelland455

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct 2014, 20:45    Post subject:  

Mr. Hughes wrote:
I found this tool for stress testing your CPU, its a command line tool. I tested it on Puppy 5.7.1 precise and it works.

http://cpuburnin.com/

Run the program with one command line value to specify the length of time to run the test:

eg.
"./cpuburn-in 10" will run the test for ten minutes.

Let it run and monitor the temperature.

If you want to test video card temps I'll have to look around and see what I can find. There is the Uniengine benchmark for linux. Thats the best one I know of, and it's extremely stressful on your GPU but its a 400mb download and I haven't tested it on puppy.

Usually you have nothing to worry about though unless a fan failure occurs or the fan is blocked with dust and dirt.

That makes no sense to me (like how to install it and stuff).
slavvo67

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct 2014, 21:38    Post subject:  

I'm certain there are tools out there but I don't use a laptop with Puppy so I never needed to use them. I recall Pemasu had a package or script that either monitored or actually helped keep a pc more cool.

You just need to search the boards a bit. If I find it, I'll put a link up here.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Utilities
Jump to: