Ardour3-3.5.357-i686 Compiled in Precise 5.6.1

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Griot

#21 Post by Griot »

Hello scabz/RHS.
I've downloaded Ardour3-3.5.357-i686-Precise_5.7.1.sfs but can't make it work. If I'm not mistaken, this .sfs is all I need, no missing dependencies after loading it? FWIW I'm using 5.7.1 PAE. Thanx.

scabz

#22 Post by scabz »

Griot sorry for the late reply havent been hitting up the forum much lately.

open up terminal and type "/usr/bin/ardour3" without quotes, then tell me what error it puts out. Ardour should work unless no one has posted it doesnt besides you there could be something conflicting with it dont know what all you installed and i have never tested it on precise 5.7.1 only 5.6.1 cuzz thats what i use.

scabz

#23 Post by scabz »

finally got my wisdom tooth out and i feel great, i was on the edge of suicide for a long time there. Infected wisdom tooth and bad TMJ not a good combo but am good now and heavy sedated.

Griot

#24 Post by Griot »

Hello scabz. Glad to hear you're getting better. It seems like I have less available memory than expected. :(

Code: Select all

uname -a
Linux Griot2014 3.9.11 #1 SMP Sat Jul 27 19:40:54 GMT-8 2013 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

# /usr/bin/ardour3
WARNING: Your system has a limit for maximum amount of locked memory!
This might cause Ardour to run out of memory before your system  runs out of memory. You can view the memory  limit with 'ulimit -l', and it
is normally controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf

/usr/bin/ardour3: line 31: nm: command not found
/usr/bin/ardour3: line 31: [: -gt: unary operator expected
/usr/lib/ardour3/ardour-3.5.357: error while loading shared libraries: libglibmm-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

# ulimit -l
Info from /usr/bin/ardour3 (opened as text with Geany, edited for clarity)

line 31: elif [ $(nm -D --radix=dec --defined-only -S $GLIB | grep -w g_atomic_int_add | cut -d ' ' -f 2) -gt 32 ]; then
	echo "WARNING: Your system contains a suspect libglib-2.0. Your version might be built to use mutex locking atomic operations. This is a fallback solution to a more robust hardware supported atomicity. It might cause reduced performance and/or deadlocks. Please contact your distribution support about this issue. Unfortunately this check is not 100% accurate, so this might not be the case with your system.
I tried to check /etc/security/limits.conf but...

cd /etc/security/
bash: cd: /etc/security/: No such file or directory]
Any solution to this? Thanx.

scabz

#25 Post by scabz »

looks like you didnt install the Pets needed for precise 5.7.1 from my post, please reread my post and install needed pets. the sfs should have the pets added but you need libglibmm which is the 2nd pet for precise 5.7.1 in my post.

if you read the posts above it tell you how to fix the memory thing, it is not a error or will hurt it will still run.

Griot

#26 Post by Griot »

Yup, I haven't understood that the .pets are also needed. Gonna test it tomorrow. Thank you, scabz.

hanzf

Plugin installation?

#27 Post by hanzf »

Thank you scabz! I was using Studio One in Windows, and Ardour seems a good choice for Linux.
Does anyone know how to install plugins? I found some LADSPA plugins to download but how do I get Ardour to find them?

Thank you

Hans
Precise 5.7.1 frugal with .2fs
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
1000 MB RAM